Author Topic: Drake in Tahoe  (Read 16064 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: Drake in Tahoe
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 09:55:33 pm »
We had another great weekend in Tahoe with Drakey-Drake.  It was Sarah and I, our Moms and all of our dogs.  We hiked to Fallen Leaf Lake, one of Drake's favorite spots, and had a lot of laughs.  The weather was brisk but not too cold, you can feel Winter coming.  Afterwards we returned home for a yummy Pork Loin Roast dinner and fun times.  We look forward to the snow that is coming soon and all the fun we will have with Drake.  The following pics are some of the highlights of the trip.  The last one of Drake is so funny, this is how we found him at the end of the night.   ;D
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 10:03:55 pm »
Now those are breathtaking shots.  :)  Glad you all had a lot of fun!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 10:14:29 pm »
Hahaha! He looks so pooped in the last picture. Glad you guys had such a great time!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 10:15:44 pm »
Drake looked like he was having a ball.  I love the shot of him looking back at you as the women walked ahead.  He wasn't going to leave his dad behind!  No doubt!!!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2005, 11:02:35 pm »
Thanks guys we had a great time.  I have to say though, the new 200KB limit on pictures is killing me, they look all blurred and washed out now.  Compare these photos to the ones I posted back in June at the begginning of this posting.  Those were the good ol' days of 600KB limit.  Much sharper and clearer pictures.  Oh well, you guys can get the "picture" of what we were doing. 

And yes, Newflvr, Drake doesn't like leaving me behind.  We play a game with him when we're hiking where one of us lingers behind him and then we hide behind a tree or a bush.  Then we call for him and see if he can find us.  At that point in the day, he was not going to let anybody hide anymore.  HE WAS ON TO US!!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2005, 11:16:39 pm »
It looks like you all had a great time!  Drake does look pooped in the last photo.  :D I must admit that the one with the dachshund is my favorite though...dachs hunds are my secret non-big-paw desire. ::)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 11:42:27 pm »
LOL looks like you all had a fun filled weekend!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 11:57:07 pm »
Wow!!  Great pics, I'm glad you had a great time.  That place is beautiful!! 

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 03:18:05 am »
Wow, it looks so beautiful up there.  I would love to vacation in a place like that.

I also like the pic of him with the dachsie.  Both of them look too cute in the pic.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 07:13:53 am »
Awesome pictures!! Drake is so cute!!! I love the one of him and the dachshund(?)!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 12:49:01 am »
We spent Thanksgiving up in Lake Tahoe and we had a BLAST!!!  The best part, IT SNOWED!  Not a blizzard mind you, but a few inches to make it a snowy wonderland.  The following are some pics of the trip.  Yogi and Mia came and with us as well and he and Drake got to ride in the back of the truck on the way up.  Two Newfs in the back of a truck, do you think they drew in attention from other drivers?  Noooooo.....  The boys played with pine cones in the backyard of the cabin, which was pretty funny.  We took a trip to the lake while Thanksgiving dinner was cooking and the boys played in the FREEZING water.  The next day, it snowed and we went for a slippery hike to Fallen Leaf Lake.  Drake loves to swim, no matter how cold it is.  It is SOOO BEAUTIFUL up there, we can't wait until New Years when we go up there again. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 02:59:29 am by Newf Lover »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 12:56:39 am »
Great photos!  It's fun to see Drake having so much fun!!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 07:18:00 am »
Great pictures! Shouldn't Drake be carrying that log in the last picture? Looks like both Newfs had a great Thanksgiving.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:05 am »
Great pictures! Shouldn't Drake be carrying that log in the last picture? Looks like both Newfs had a great Thanksgiving.

Thanks!  yeah, they had a blast up there, once again.  Drake didn't get that one log but he got plenty of sticks and tennis balls and floaty toys.  Almost as much of a challenge!  ;D I just love that picture!  Newf in Nature......  aaahhhhh.  The only thing that sucks is that when I adjust my pics so I can post them, it messes them up.  If I tweak the DPI they get all pixelated, if I tweak the size they get blurry.  Grrrr....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 11:47:28 am by Newf Lover »

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 01:00:23 pm »
Thanks!  yeah, they had a blast up there, once again.  Drake didn't get that one log but he got plenty of sticks and tennis balls and floaty toys.  Almost as much of a challenge!  ;D I just love that picture!  Newf in Nature......  aaahhhhh.  The only thing that sucks is that when I adjust my pics so I can post them, it messes them up.  If I tweak the DPI they get all pixelated, if I tweak the size they get blurry.  Grrrr....
Newf Lover if your using photoshop make sure your resampled images are bicubic sharper and then go Filter >Sharpen >Unsharp Mask and play with those settings. I go middle of the road {Amount 120 to 150%} {Radius 1.5 to 2.0 pixels} {Threshold between 0 to 10 levels}.