Author Topic: DOGGLES RULE!!!  (Read 15935 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
DOGGLES RULE!!!
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:04:28 am »
We were introduced to Doggles by Jaime, Michael and Bear at the Specialty.  This Mother's Day, my Mom brought a belated birthday gift for Drake.  DOGGLES!!!  This is my Neice with Drake after he got them.  Those things are hilarious but practical.  Now he can stick his head out the window at any speed and he won't have to squint on those long summer walks.  I can't wait to see the faces of people we pass when they see the big Newf head with Doggles on, good stuff!  Does anyone else have these?
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

nickerbokker

Re: DOGGLES RULE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:07:41 am »
LOL, those are the goofiest lookin things ever!  I LOVE THEM!  i don't have them, but i will...oh i will!

Rufiesmom

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 09:11:55 am »
Rufus wants em!! Where do you get them?

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 10:13:58 am »
You can probably find them at most high-end pet stores, but you can go to this link as well.  They are too cool and you can even switch lenses on them.  Too much fun!  Shop around because some places my mark up the prices on them.  I would guess they shouldn't be much more than $20, but I got mine as a gift so I don't know the price.

http://www.doggles.com/

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 10:21:37 am »
The coolest thing I have ever seen  ;D I simply must have them, Galahad tried on a Harley Davidson hat at Petsmart the other day, can you picture him in that hat and these doogles lol.....

Thanks for sharing, I guess we all will recoginze oneanother when we meet on the road, all having dogs with head out and the cool doggles on, make sure to wave lol...

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 11:23:25 am »
Glad to hear you and Drake have joined the Cool Club! You'll love the looks, laughs and pictures that get taken as he hangs his head out of the window. Guess the next time we see you we'll have to put the boys together and take a picture of the first official members of the California Cool Club!  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Rufiesmom

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 11:49:02 am »
Thanks, I ordered em online and can't wait to get them!!  Is it true dogs are color blind?  I kind of wanted the ones with racing flames but ORANGE LENSES?!?  Got he blue instead.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 02:18:38 pm »
Sounds great Jaime, maybe we can make that happen when you guys come up here to go wine tasting.  2 Cool Newfs!!!  I'm going to take a drive today just to let Drake try out the Doggles, should be a gas! 

Rufiesmom, I just have to say, your Avatar of Rufus makes me laugh every time I see it.  He just looks pissed, almost pouting, just a hilarious expression is on his face.  It must be his extra long lips, regardless, it brings a smile to my face.  He looks like a hugable, loveable dog.

Rufiesmom

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 02:45:58 pm »
He does look pouty most of the time.  The older he gets the longer his dewlaps get.  Hopefully his cool shades will make him look better.  He is the most huggable loveable kiss magnet I know!! Thanks!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 03:21:29 pm »
Your doggles should arrive quickly so please post a pics when you get them so we can add Rufus to the Cool Club as well. How cool are thelenses- Bear in camoflauge, Drake in yellow and Rufus in orange flames. I love it! BTW, Bear also has clear lenses for night driving.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 03:42:04 pm »
Drake, you are too cute! Just don't let your Daddy put the Doggles AND your bib on at the same time, the other dogs WILL laugh at you!   :-\
Love Yogi

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 11:44:52 pm »
Right on Drake - you're a cool cat too!

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 12:56:02 am »
Oh I LOVE these. I got to get my Rosie a pair. To everyone who has them - How do your dogs take to them? Did they have to get used to them at all? I just know usually when you put something on a dog they start pawing to get it off! Do they seem to like wearing them?

And to Rufiesmom on the colorblind thing: I had always heard that too, or that they saw in black and white. But I saw something on Discovery channel that said that dogs actually see in color, and the right ones too (no switching), but they don't diferentiate as many as we do. Like, if they are looking at a field of grass, they don't see as many different shades of green as we would, they would see a more simple view of it with less shades. But they can see all colors. DON'T ask me how they know these things tho...

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Doggle Test Run
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 09:16:19 am »
Yesterday I took Drake for his first trial walk with his Doggles and well.......     he didn't like wearing them much.  He would take a few steps and then try to paw them off.  I'd stop him from doing it and then he would be pawing away a few seconds later.  He also seemed to lose a bit of his depth perception and bumped into some parked cars and stepped way to far into bushes to pee.  So it was a bit disappointing, but with time he might get used to them.  I came to the conclusion that Doggles are really good for when dogs are stationary, riding in cars with their heads out the window, but for walking down the street, most dogs might not like them, at least not at first.  I don't want to push it and make him not like them because he looks so flipping cool with them on, but I just need to slowly expose him to them more and more.  How did any of you guys introduce Doggles to your pups
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:20:36 am by Newf Lover »

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 10:02:31 am »
We tried the walking thing too when Bear had his doggles on and he didn't like them either. Walking looked like a circus act more than a regular activity so we just use doggles in the car or when we are somewhere where it is bright and he just needs to sit and look handsome. I think its just better to use them where he feels comfortable and where we know he'll benefit the most! Good luck with the walking tho.
Hugs,
Jaime