Author Topic: SOS- pyr in need  (Read 9062 times)

Offline gaagaa4goldens

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • "Can we come out to play?"
    • View Profile
Re: SOS- pyr in need
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 05:34:07 am »
Hi again,
   Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts and support.  Well, Jenny almost found her forever family.  There was a family looking for a great family dog.  They travel a lot to relative's houses and wanted a dog that they could take with them.  They decided that Jenny would be the right family fit but not the right overall fit.  They are adopting another one of the group's dogs, but I'm very disapointed.   I haven't heard anything from foster mom.  I've e-mailed several times.  I've left messages.  I think I'm going to have to "drop in" unannounced.  Keep those good thoughts flowing our way.
Jennifer

Offline gaagaa4goldens

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • "Can we come out to play?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 05:38:08 am »
Jane,
    I'm excited to hear that Pyrs are going to be represented by a national group.  I'm not sure that the group that has Jenny would give her to another group.  They are kind of stubborn, old school people.  What do you think that they can do to help Jenny?  Quite honestly there are a lot of pyrs out here in bad situations.  It's just hard to see a nice dog go through this. 
Jennifer

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 01:57:53 pm »
You know that is the issue- the old school way of thought - they would rather keep the dog in a bathroom in a bad situation instead of getting her into a good safe forever home. Again, I didnt qualify for them, however my group is well taken care of and extremely spoiled and loved. I know that you have to be careful who adopts these guys but you also need to be open minded. I hope that you can show up unnounced over there and check on her soon.

marypyrs

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 06:19:56 pm »
Jane,
    I'm excited to hear that Pyrs are going to be represented by a national group.  I'm not sure that the group that has Jenny would give her to another group.  They are kind of stubborn, old school people.  What do you think that they can do to help Jenny?  Quite honestly there are a lot of pyrs out here in bad situations.  It's just hard to see a nice dog go through this. 
Jennifer

Jennifer,
    Let me see what I can do. Our own group up here is trying to assist some other groups in crisis even though we're pretty much full up ourselves. Too many Pyrs. Not enough Fosters. And certainly not enough Forever Homes. Over 900 Pyrs and Pyr X's on Petfinder alone. Some are being PTS in certain areas of the Country.  :'( Would you mind my contacting SPIN?

Were you able to post on www.dogster.co m ? (I've been having problems posting pics of late.  :-\) It just boggles my mind to think of her locked in that bathroom. Our Fosters are screened as thoroughly as the Adoptive Famlies. And there are many, many, many wonderful Fosters! I must state again that if it's the right placement, exceptions are made to that 6' fence.

Jane