Author Topic: I'm evil & a quick vent...  (Read 15121 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

I'm evil & a quick vent...
« on: June 16, 2005, 04:12:31 pm »
As some of you know my hubby drives semi over the road & is gone for 5 days a week...I have been raising our 2 children pretty much on my own & taking care of 12 animals & an occasional foster, the house, the bills, etc...etc..for over 2 years now...Well, he just got home & will be home for 9 days!!!...The downside is my inlaws are here & will be until next Wed...I just wanted 9 days alone with my hubby, kids & critters to pretend like we are a real family!...Oh well...Here's the dog related part...lol...M y MIL just doesn't understand why we have a dog like Samson in the house...She has commented on it many many times...Well, in addition to Samson who she hasn't seen since X-mas, my sister's 6 month old, 55 lb, demon Collie pup will be here ALL weekend long...She is gonna have a coniption!...I can't hardly wait!...HEHEHEHEHEH EHE!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: I'm evil & a quick vent...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 04:13:56 pm »
I love it Gypsy! I hope that Samson slimes her!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 05:52:26 pm »
Gosh!  People who are offended by animals are the most hilarious!  Most of the time they don't even realize that THEY ARE ANIMALS!  :D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 07:06:32 pm »
Gypsy I can totally relate!  My husband is a locomotive engineer for Union Pacific Railroad and travels everyday too.  The good thing is that he was on a slow turning extra board until yesterday morning and we spent the last few months doing lots of family stuff together.  But now it's back to going out of town 6 days a week and I get to go back to raising the family and representing us at every family function.  I'm used to it I guess because he was in the Marines for four years and spent 18 months of that overseas (I gave birth to our first child while he was in Japan!  Argggg!).  The difference now is that he sleeps odd hours and has no sort of schedule what so ever.  They call and he has an hour and a half to get on his train.  Hey, at least we know that we are independant women and can hold down the fort by ourselves!  Plus, they start feeling guilty and that's when we get new puppies  ;D.  Did I say that outloud?  LOL

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 08:34:57 pm »
I just knew you guys would understand! ;)  & then there's my step father in law who sais, when we got Samson, "I'll never have another dog again...You get attached to them & then they bite someone or something & you have to put a bullet through their head"...& he was dead serious!...He is as "old school" as they come...Anyway, they aren't mean to Samson or anything...nor would I let them be of coarse...They just don't "get it"...Now, if I had 15 cats in the house my mom in law would think it was great!...She loves cats...She also gives treats to the neighborhood dogs...She just doesn't get why i would want such a big dog in the house...& she is somewhat concerend that he might hurt the kids...HHHEEEE LLLLLLLLOOOOOO O...HE'S A GAURDIAN TYPE DOG!....Anyway, we just got back from dinner & when they were here they saw Samson & I got the feeling they were pretty impressed with his manners & how he acted with the kids. ;D  Oh & Nats, I know waht you mean about the guilt puppy...It's why I have 12 animals in the house....lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 10:13:47 pm »
Every holiday we celebrate at my MIL's house she lets her sister bring her bichon in the house even though he jumps and chases the cat, but I'm not allowed to bring Leo in the house because he's too big!  He just finds a spot and goes to sleep but he's not welcome and that really hurts my feelings!  So, lately I've only been going over there on nice days and I stay outside the whole time with Leo.  Just last weekend they got 8 baby chics and guess where they get to hang out?  In the dang house!  I just don't get it and I think I'm better off that way!  Okay, that felt good to vent -- Thanks! ;D

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:33:53 pm »
Oh Nats...that sucks. My MIL is an animal freak who has tons of scary big birds, cats and a dog. When we bring Bear over she is fine with it but ignore him completely because he is her dream dog, yet when the little Yorkie comes to visit she is all hugs and kisses. So I don't know what is worse. Not being allowed over or being ignored completely?
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Jason

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:39:57 pm »
My mom was a bit hesitant about letting Oreo in her house when I first got him. She eventually came around after meeting him at my home and seeing what a well behaved pooch he is. Of course, my sister's Schi-zsu was welcome in mom's house without question. The dog with the history of chewing wood furniture and molding, the dog that poops on the rug directly in front of you, the dog who barks obnoxiously at dinner time to receive HER share of YOUR meal, the 10 pound ball of fur that launches an aerial attack on my pooch from the top of the sofa.

Now we are all allowed to roam freely around the house. Except my Uncle Gus. He has to stay outside. ;)

Jason

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 10:43:25 pm »
You guys have reminded me of my boyfriend's parents....may as well be a MIL, since we've been together for about 12 years.  She is TERRIFIED of dogs, especially rottweilers.  Once I drove over to Seattle with Lou and Greta and they had to stay in the locked vehicle in the locked garage.  That morning his father explained to him that he and his mother were TERRIFIED all night, couldn't sleep, because they thought they could hear the dogs breaking into the house to come up to their rooms and tear out their throats.

:D ;D :D ;D

So, my bf has me take his photo feeding Greta spaghetti noodles out of his mouth.  Our dogs wallow all over the house, on the bed, everywhere...A t his parent's house all of the furniture looks as if it is in a showroom...and it has for the passed 12 years.  There is not a spot of lint anywhere...

I guess I just can't trade pseudo-cleanliness for the companionship dogs provide.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 05:26:46 am »
I got Rocco when my Mom was still alive and he was allowed in the house.  He even got up and laid on the bed with my Mom everyday.  But my Dad has since remarried and moved, so no more dogs allowed in their house except their 15 lb mix.  Rocco made a bad first impression on my Dad's wife when they were dating by grabbing a steak off the counter right next to her.  I think he was testing her but she flipped out.  My Dad just took the steak from him and named that steak mine and moved on. 
She won't even come to my house unless she has to.  My dogs just scare her.  Don't get me wrong she is a nice person and loves my Dad.  She just has no use for my dogs.  I try to respect that but it also means I can't spend the day there or come over straight from work.  I have dogs who need me, which sometimes makes them resent the dogs. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 09:40:02 am »
Most of my family thinks I'm nuts-o for being owned by my "big boys", (they both out-weigh me, and I'm not in the best of health) however, my stepdad is completely cool with my dogs going everywhere with me, and he actually gets upset if I don't bring them to visit him! *lol*

My family all own these little tiny "dust-mops with hair" that misbehave, are agressive, or just bark at everything. My boys don't quite know what to make of all of the "hoop-la", so we've been working with them to "ignore" and "lay quiet". I can only hope that my boys will win everyone over with good manners.

Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 10:21:37 am »

So, my bf has me take his photo feeding Greta spaghetti noodles out of his mouth.  

Oh, You HAVE to post that photo!!!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 10:56:06 am »
I get the same reaction with Judge." He can stay outside."
At Christmas we went to my Sister in laws and I was told that Judge could stay out.    -40 C. I left after about 1/2 hour and went to my Dads. I was so upset.Everyone said that I should respect that they dont want a big dog in the house. They have 2 cats and a big dog who are all in the house. I figure he should be allowed at least in the porch when its that cold. They shouldn't let my MIL in but they do and Judge is much nicer than she is. LOL  ;) I respect that they dont want Judge in the house but no one respects that he is a part of my family and he isnt used to being out for long periods of time.
What do you guys think of the RESPECT thing??? I think it goes both ways.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 11:13:09 am »
Oh poor Judge!   That's awful. 

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 12:08:12 pm »
I totally agree Coonie. People who invite us over know that when we come so does Bear. If they don't want him inside the house then we need to know in advance so we can decide to leave him at home or simply not go and have people over to our house instead.  :D

At my father-in-laws house, when we go over they lock the cat in the bedroom and put the Datchsuhnd outside. I think it is funny! Now that is respect for the big dog!
Hugs,
Jaime