Author Topic: Off Topic: Favorite Movies...  (Read 13517 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Off Topic: Favorite Movies...
« on: June 19, 2005, 07:10:33 pm »
What are your favorite movies and why?  It is nice to hear about what everyone likes.  Please share.  :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Off Topic: Favorite Movies...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 10:17:05 pm »
OK.  Scratch that idea!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 10:21:44 pm »
I didn't see this thread before...O.k.. My all time favorite movie is gone With The Wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I also like What About Bob...all the stupid Austin Powers flicks...I am starting to watch old black & white movies that my uncle is bringing for me...I am overly sensative to too much sound, color, action & those movies are more relaxing for me to watch...I hate t.v. so much that we don't even have cable.

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 12:16:43 pm »
Love Song for Bobby Long, I heart Huckabees....h mm...But I'm a Cheerleader!......Dogma... .

Offline rv581

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 12:25:37 pm »
Well, I like classy, intellectual films with lots of celebrity firepower.

Therefore, I'd have to go with "National Lampoon's Strip Poker" -- available now on Video on Demand!

You want celebrity firepower?  Well, "National Lampoon's Strip Poker" has Kato Kaelin, folks!  I smell Academy Award!

(Sorry -- that smell was Bruno Maglis shoes.  My mistake.)

The cinematic masterpiece: http://www.nationallampoon.com/strip_poker/

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 06:21:05 pm »
I didn't see this thread before...O.k.. My all time favorite movie is gone With The Wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I also like What About Bob...all the stupid Austin Powers flicks...I am starting to watch old black & white movies that my uncle is bringing for me...I am overly sensative to too much sound, color, action & those movies are more relaxing for me to watch...I hate t.v. so much that we don't even have cable.

Ask your uncle if he has "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.  It is a crisp b & w film about a dysfunctional couple - (Burton) the husband and a professor, and (Taylor) daughter of the Dean of the University.... Both are alcoholics and they entertain an innocent young couple who are put in the most uncomfortable situation.  I would call it a black comedy of sorts.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 06:25:22 pm »
I quess I'm old but I love Cary Grant movies.  I can't say that I have A favorite movie but I like alot.  Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astair.  The Bells Of St. Mary, Independence Day, Pirates Of The Carribean (not only is it a cool movie but watching Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom is oh so pleasant), Die Hard, lots of different.

And need I say, anything Walt Disney.  If it weren't for Disney movies I'm sure I'd have killed my children by now.

Tina

Do you know that Cary Grant's birth name was Archibald Alexander Leach?  Have you watched "Pink Submarine" and "Father Goose".  I enjoyed both of those movies very much.  :D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 06:40:34 pm »
Recently, I saw "Sideways"....LMAO!  Funniest redneck scene in the world!  About a writer and an actor, two buddies, who set out on a California wine tasting tour together.  Very, very funny!

"The Eye"...the scariest movie I've ever seen...Chinese with subtitles, about a girl who is blind and receives eyes through organ donation, only the eyes are very special.

"Dead Alive"...New Zealand horror flick which contains a parody of many different movies...hilar ious!

"Stalingrad"...about the final stages of Hitler's defeat in Russia during WWII.

"The Edge"...I adore this movie simply because of Anthony Hopkin's savvy, intellectual character and the "real" scary idea of encountering a grizzly with an unending appetite for stalking humans.

"Arlington Road"...Jeff Bridges and Timothy Robbins star in this "non-Hollywood" psychological drama that begins and ends with a BANG!

"Napoleon Dynamite"...that kid has the best philosophy ever!

"Il Postino"...Italian movie about famous Cuban poet Pablo Neruda.

Anything by Spanish director Almodovar.

"Snatch"...Brad Pitt and a freaky British cast make this movie outrageous.

"Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"...Again...fun ny with action.

"Ronin"...can I say "Robert De Niro" and surround sound Audi A8 car chases through the narrow, cobblestone streets of France.

"Deer Hunter"...Al Pacino and Christopher Walken are superb!

"The Return"...absolutely awesome Russian film that came out last year about a father who comes home to see his sons who do not even remember him, and they embark on a mysterious fishing trip together.  Amazing cinematography and storyline by a first-time filmmaker, director and producer.  The only movie I've seen that really had me in its grip!

"Curdled"...a little film festival movie that Quentin Tarantino happened to come across and produce about a young Latin woman who is obsessed with murders and becomes a cleaning lady for a "forensics" clean-up company.  Where this job takes her is shocking!

"The Triplets of Belleville"...Canadian cartoon (out of Quebec)...not for children...hil arious dog character...on e can definitely tell the animator knows dogs...lots of odd, quirky stuff.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 09:06:33 pm »
I highly recommend "Shaun of the Dead" and "Rushmore".   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 09:12:24 pm »
"Na-nuh nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-Nuh!"

"AAAaaaaaarrrrr rggghgghhhhghg !"

"ooOaaaAAaooooo aarrrGGGH!"

"Shaun of the Dead" was pretty funny, indeed!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 09:13:56 pm »
And...by the way, "I heart Hucklebees" was one of THE funniest movies I have ever seen.  That was my kind of humour!  Completely!  :D

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 09:22:16 pm »
My favorite movies of all time...
The Lost Boys... I dont know why. i think basically, this is the best "teenage vampire" flick... it- to me- seems to be more realistic than many of the other vamp. movies... and besides... Jason Patrick and Keifer Sutherland- mmmm Baby  :D
Also, i really REALLY love any "Acton!!!!!!!" movie staring Nicolas Cage. hes my very favorite actor... i love: Con Air, 8MM, Face/Off, etc... I have almost everything he's done :)
And of course, how could i forget... Nightmare Before Christmas... Its just amaizing. im a Tim Burton fan, and absolutely LOVE this peice. (Not to mention... in the DVD, theres a B&W short called "Frankenweenie" about a Bull Terrier named Sparky... Also, my Bull Terrier got his name from the NBC Movie... Zero :) ) haha
A few other good ones, Lion King, Findin Nemo, TOY STORY (absolutely favorite cartoon)... Nightmare On Elm Street (ya, i kick it old skewl haha)...

Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 10:34:59 am »

"AAAaaaaaarrrrr rggghgghhhhghg !"

"ooOaaaAAaooooo aarrrGGGH!"

"Shaun of the Dead" was pretty funny, indeed!
Yes - I love that movie!  I have to put "I Heart Huckabees" on my list, I have wanted to see it for quite awhile...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline deafdanelvr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 11:44:14 am »
I have tons of fave movies, but my most recent fave is The Notebook!! I loved it and saw it at the movies 2x. I recommend to everyone that enjoys love stories!!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 09:12:08 pm »
Sorry Deafdanelover, but I suffered through that movie last night.  I know my wife likes love stories, so we watch one once in a while.  It was painfully predictable and they kind of let the cat out of the bag a bit too soon, don't you think?  And the ending just made me gag!  It had it's moments, where I thought it might be good, but then I was let down.  My wife said the book was much better, which is always the case.  So, I won't beat it up too much because I don't want to hurt your feelings or step all over your taste in movies.  True Romance, that was a great love story!  Cold Mountain, that was a great love story!  The Notebook?   :-\  To each his own right?  I gotta read some of the other posts on this thread to see what people like....
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.