Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 10992 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: HELP!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 10:37:10 am »
Dang Nicole! Sounds like a pretty hectic week, it's just a little bump in the road. Hope kittys ok, that happened to some friends cats while they were away on vacation, we were freaked as well.. and it turned out to be a big ole' abcess, but the cat did fine and it never seemed to bother him.  If I remember correctly the vet prescribed antibiotics or something.  "Meow-Meow" is still around and doing fine today.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 10:37:22 am »
You're DOOMED!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 10:55:30 am by Tulsas' Dad »
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 11:39:57 am »
Nicole, I'm sorry but I just saw this tread...I have 8 cats & have had cats my whole life but I have never experienced what you are describing...I agree a vet visit is warranted!...Let us know what happen as soon as you can...k?...I am sorry you are having such a sucky week...It can only get better & I will keep all of you, skin & fur, in my prayers.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 11:51:42 am »
Thanks, Newflver....

You know, I'd really be all better if you convince Rhoda to give me a Landseer pup.....that would make it all better.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh. Did I mention that I also have poison ivy? ON MY NECK.

With all due respect, my dear, this is NOT the week to get a Landseer puppy.  Let's just wait until your luck turns!  Should I even ask how you got poison ivy on the neck?

dohertyswissy

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 08:20:14 pm »
Morning Nicole!  Thought about you a lot last night and wanted to check in and see how things were going today. 

Newflvr brings up an excellent point - How in the name of goddess did you get poison ivy on your neck?   ;)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 08:32:36 pm »
Good Monning Nicole, I am so sorry I missed this yesterday.  I dont know anything about cats, but I could have wished you a better day.  But I guess it is never to late to send good wished.  Sounds like you have a keeper guy.  Good luck at the vet.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 09:50:54 pm »
Morning Nichole!!! Hope its bright and sunny at your house. Sounds like you need some Sunshine ! Sure hope all goes well with Lex at the vet today. Ill be thinking of you.
If it makes you feel any better, It snowed here today and is FREEZING. Im in Northern Ontario. Sorry to talk about the weather. :-\
Big slobbery kisses to you and Lex Luther!!!
Coonie & Judge
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 10:08:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about all that trouble, Nicole.  :(   I hope that everything turns out ok for Lex!  My mom has a two cats that were mine growing up, but she wanted them to stay when I moved out.  This same thing happened to one of them, Maharet, and it turned out to be a hernia.  After Retty had the surgery to fix it she was as good as new.  So I'm sure Lex will be fine too.  :)  Best wishes !

~moni
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Nicole

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 10:41:14 pm »
Hey all...
Just a quick pop-in to say Hi and thanks! Lex will be going to the vet right after class..in about 1.5 hours. I'll let ya know what they say,

Oh, but a cute little Landseer pup would certainly brighten the day, wouldn't it? heheheehe! Until she chewed up my shoes and pooped on my bed, right? ;)

So, the poison ivy...hahahaha! I was horseback riding last weekend and my boyfriend knocked a branch out of the way with his shoulders. It whipped back and swiped me across the neck. Apparantly, it had a poison ivy vine on it. I've also got a patch on my arm. Its super sexy! hehehehe!

Ok, off to class now! Thanks for all the love and purrs (Macavity)! I'll see everyone soon! By the way, I feel alot better today.

Yes, Coonie, its really bright and sunny and crisp. I love it. It does elevate the mood, ya know? Sorry about the snow, but I bet Judgie loves it!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 10:44:36 pm »
So glad to hear you are having a better day! 

Let's work on getting you that Landseer as soon as you graduate...how about as a graduation present??? And your little girl would never chew on shoe laces, she'd do the whole shoe ;D

Let us know how Lex does today at the vet!  Fingers crossed!

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 11:51:15 pm »
Hey Newflvr,
 You know, its funny. A few days ago, Mark was giving me a graduation pep talk. You know, "You're almost done! You can do it!" And I was like, "Ya know, a Landseer pup would sure be a nice graduation gift and an awful big incentive to do my math homework!" hahahhaaha! He was like, "Let's not get too carried away, here. Graduation is its own gift!" ahhahhahahaha! Either way, a Landseer will be very closely following graduation. I just hope Rhoda has pups then! I know she's going to have a Landseer breeding this fall, so I'm worried that she won't have another for awhile. Oh well....Petuni a will be worth the wait. (That's her name! Its already picked out)

So. The best I could do with Lexi is 3:30. So, I'll be nervously doing my homework until then (ever diligently working toward that Landseer pup...errr...I mean, graduation!) and I'll let everyone know what the vet says.

For those of you that said you're familiar with hernias, is the surgery a big deal? I'm so nervous!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 12:08:17 am »
Okay, this is sort of the same....but sort of different!  My youngest son had a hernia operation at about 2 months of age.  His hernia, ummmm, was in a spot.....ahhhh, that if you were an older guy, you'd be SO impressed!

It really was a very simple operation.  The doc opens the skin, stuffs back the stuff that has slipped out, inserts a net behind the muscles so that nothing can slip out again, and the sutures the whole bit back together.  The surgery took maybe an hour and the above mentioned young man is now 19 and has had NO problems!  Maybe however, if he knew what he USED to look like, he'd long for the good old days! ;)

Nicole

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 12:09:44 am »
Ok, cool. Thanks. I'm sure that Lexi isn't going to worry about the cosmetic stuff. hehehee!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 12:15:20 am »
Hey Newflvr,
 You know, its funny. A few days ago, Mark was giving me a graduation pep talk. You know, "You're almost done! You can do it!" And I was like, "Ya know, a Landseer pup would sure be a nice graduation gift and an awful big incentive to do my math homework!" hahahhaaha! He was like, "Let's not get too carried away, here. Graduation is its own gift!" ahhahhahahaha! Either way, a Landseer will be very closely following graduation. I just hope Rhoda has pups then! I know she's going to have a Landseer breeding this fall, so I'm worried that she won't have another for awhile. Oh well....Petuni a will be worth the wait. (That's her name! Its already picked out)

So. The best I could do with Lexi is 3:30. So, I'll be nervously doing my homework until then (ever diligently working toward that Landseer pup...errr...I mean, graduation!) and I'll let everyone know what the vet says.

For those of you that said you're familiar with hernias, is the surgery a big deal? I'm so nervous!
Graduation is it's own gift???...What was he raised by Puritans???...lol! ;) :D Graduation, is the payoff for alot of hard work & diligence...So mething you've EARNED!!...A Landseer pup...now THAT'S a GIFT!!! ;D I don't know much about hernias or the treatment but I'm hoping for you, your kitten & your pocketbook that it isn't!!! :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 12:16:13 am »
Have you started talking to Rhoda yet about Petunia?  It might take some time to butter her up, so maybe you should be thinking about starting a dialogue.  Do you know what breeding she's doing next?  I know that Lily (Cowboy's sister) miscarried again....