Author Topic: Thats it I am moving  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Thats it I am moving
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2005, 09:50:12 pm »
Blair,

We are going through the same thing right now - I mean, exactly the same thing. We are planning on moving back up north to Minnesota in about 6 months, mostly because my husband's grandmother is getting ready to turn 97 and she basically raised him.

His parents have a house right on the Minnesota river and his grandma's house is on the same property.  The top half of the house is unused as she can't get up the stairs anymore. She is in a nursing home right now, but we want her to be able to come back home.

We're saying goodbye to hurricanes and hello again to blizzards and tornadoes. I never thought I'd want to go back, but his hometown is one of those "sleepy little towns" where everyone knows everyone and everyone helps out wherever needed. It's a very German town and has a LOT of culture. And his parents not only have a lot of property for the dogs to run around on, but 2 empty barns just begging to be rescue kennels!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2005, 03:02:09 am »
Where in MN are you moving to?  I'm the only one on both sides of my family that lives outside the state.  I'd love to move back there, it's the only place I'll ever consider home.

Anakalia

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2005, 03:05:26 am »
OOO Minnesota I have friends in that live there!  And I'm not to far away from the MN border either!! 
 :D

Andi

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2005, 03:08:06 am »
Hey Shana lives up there.. you definately need to let her know you're coming!

Deena