Author Topic: Were you a little girl in the 70's? ( :  (Read 10910 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: Were you a little girl in the 70's? ( :
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 07:34:11 am »
OMG! Love this thread!
Oh yes.... the 70's! I was just a young'un then... but LIVED pretty much all of those things.... and I was certain when I grew up Shaun Cassidy would be my husband! lol

I too have an addition.... did anyone else have a pet rock!?!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 10:01:15 am »
I've got a SHOCKING addition.  Do you all remember those candy 'cigarettes'?  They came in a 'cigarette box' like real cigs, and they looked roughly like a real cigarette.  You took them out and pretended you were smoking them while you ate them. 
Also, we of course all had hot pink leg warmers...mayb e they were to warm you up when you lost circulation in your legs due to underage smoking! ;)
I can't believe now they sold them to kids!...B.t.w., they still do sell thm but now they're called Candy Stix & have dinosaurs & rockets & the box. :-\

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 10:11:31 am »
OMG! Love this thread!
Oh yes.... the 70's! I was just a young'un then... but LIVED pretty much all of those things.... and I was certain when I grew up Shaun Cassidy would be my husband! lol

OMG!! Every single one of those applied to me!! AND I had a Shaun Cassidy sing-along-radio (as well as his face ironed on my pillow case so I could practice kissing him), and and Pet Rock named Pinky (after Pinky Tuscadero on Happy Days). I'm going to have to dig out some of my embarrassing 70s photos and post them for you. They are hilarious!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 10:17:36 am »
OMG! Love this thread!

OMG!! Every single one of those applied to me!! AND I had a Shaun Cassidy sing-along-radio (as well as his face ironed on my pillow case so I could practice kissing him), and and Pet Rock named Pinky (after Pinky Tuscadero on Happy Days). I'm going to have to dig out some of my embarrassing 70s photos and post them for you. They are hilarious!!

And I thought I was the only one who kissed Shaun nightly!LOL! I had my entire wall plasterd with his posters and kissed one every night..... after singing "I Cant Smile Without You" and "You Light Up My Life" to them....  in fact I saved ALL those posters and my fan club membership card... when I go home to Buffalo I'll have to did them up for a good chuckle!

** *modified because I forgot to write.... post those pics!  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 02:00:19 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 12:22:27 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OMG!  This was hilarious!  Love's Baby Soft and Strawberry Lip Gloss were THE thing to wear!  I even spent my own money on it...

Thanks for the giggle, but darn you for reminding me how old I really am!  ;)
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 01:45:20 pm »
OH DEAR GOD!!!  just when me and my therapist had gotten me through that phase and I had finally blocked it all out.  :) 

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 01:57:00 pm »
Wow this is bringing back memories...I had the Michael Jackson 'thriller' album (I thought he was SO sexy) and a Billy Huffsey Poster on my wall. 
This is an awesome thread!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 02:49:52 pm »
What about the rainbow "Mork and Mindy" suspenders??   :-[
 ;D
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

doggylover

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »
What about the rainbow "Mork and Mindy" suspenders??   :-[
 ;D
ROFL!!!!! OMG I didn't have the Mork n Mindy suspenders, but I had a rainbow belt that was totally the same, inspired by the show!!

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 04:33:31 pm »
When I first started reading this thread, I actually got out a pencil and paper to write everything down.  When I put the pencil down and went back to the thread, all of my new additions were taken!  (First album: Shaun Cassidy, etc.)  Here are a few meager additions:  Pretending to be the Charlie's Angels (Jill because I looked absolutely nothing like her and how come she is still gorgeous, by the way?!), homemade handkerchief halter tops, no Dorothy Hamill haircut, for me it was Kathy Rigby pigtails (or was it Nadia Comaneci?), Barney Miller, MASH, going to the drive-ins w/parents and falling asleep in the back of the station wagon, also being terrified of the flying monkeys fro Oz,  dressing up in my aunts' prom dresses and dancing in front of the mirror while grandparents listened to Lawrence Welk, moms all over the place getting hysterical about the Sweet n Low saccharin/cancer scare, and last but not least, pet dogs roaming free visiting neighbors for scraps and following kids to school (mine got in the building once). 

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 04:45:02 pm »
All of this is far to shameful to admit. 

I will just say:  Shaun Cassidy, my ***.

PARKER STEVENSON, LADIES.  Parker Stevenson.

(And he's STILL cuter than Shaun.)

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 09:23:07 pm »
going to the drive-ins w/parents and falling asleep in the back of the station wagon
That was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D I believe I kind of remember a movie called "Meatballs" or something like that...The best part (before falling asleep in your footie jammies) was going to the consession stand & getting popcorn & a hotdog! ;D ;D Oh those were the days! :D

doggylover

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 11:43:44 pm »
going to the drive-ins w/parents and falling asleep in the back of the station wagon
LOLOL I totally forgot this, but my parents took us to see 'Christine' at the drive in.  We lay our sleeping bags on the ground in front of the car thinking we were watching a movie about a neat car.....
I'm calling my mom and giving her what-for.  That experience scared the life out of me. 

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:54 pm »
"Are you there, God?  It's me, Margaret"
Do you remember the "We must, we must, we must increase our bust"?  Haha!
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 11:49:14 pm »
"Are you there, God?  It's me, Margaret"
Do you remember the "We must, we must, we must increase our bust"?  Haha!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!...I would SO love to have "the Talk" with my daughter by just handing her that book...Unfortu natly this is a different day & age & she already knows more than that :( & I canceled our cable t.v. almost 2 yrs. ago...Damn!...Next I'll have to home school! :-\
B.T.W., You all had a METAL Slinky...right? :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:50:37 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »