Author Topic: The dogs are destroying the house, and im not there to see it LOL  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
OOoooooooooh puppies.

I got called in to work a 16 hour shift yesterday AND today, which means that pretty much since 3pm yesterday my boyfriend has been alone at the house with the animals. I have volunteers who come over to help with the rescues, but he is on his own for the house pets, IE my pets

I just got a basically frantic email from Warren who said that

A) he can't keep Annie and Cisco in their crates, because they are shreiking, and he is giving in and letting them out

B) Annie and Cisco have discovered the paper under the birds playstands in their room and have dragged it ALL over the house and shredded it, spreading feathers, poop, seed, fruit and veggie peices all over the house

C) The wormer Cisco got has kicked in and Warren wasn't fast enough and had to clean up a big pile of wormy poop and vomit

D) Warren caught Annie jumping up to try to bite Maui (my one legged blue and gold macaw) in the bird room (unbelievable no no)

E) Whiskey knocked over the trash can, something he hasn't done in a long time but really, Im sure he is a bit stressed with the new pups...trash, everwhere! And annie found the paper towels from Cisco's wormy poop clean up and shredded them... reintroducing the worms into the floors

F) The birds, sensing chaos and stress have been screaming apparently non-stop all day. That would be three macaws (Two blue and golds and a greenwing) a sun conure, and 8 lovebirds. He has been unable to get them to stop screaming, including time outs and bribes of melatonin, peanutbutter and palm nuts.

G)Cisco peed right smack in the middle of the bed, because Warren has yet to learn the "Limp ball of fluff refusing to get out of the warm bed" roll of a puppy does NOT indicate that they don't actually HAVE to go outside, but rather, they would just prefer not to, thanks.

OOoooooooooooo h, if I come home and they are all alive, sane, and i'm not minus a boyfriend, I think it will be a miracle :D

Is it wrong that I cant help but laugh???

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: The dogs are destroying the house, and im not there to see it LOL
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:08:54 pm »
hahahahaa!!! Sounds like it's time for walkies - if, for nothing else, to get away from the mess and screaming birds!!

Poor Warren.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:12:56 pm »
At least you weren't at home! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:39:38 pm »
To answer your question  no..laughing beats crying everytime..Men seem to have the hardest time when it comes to cry pups..or dogs...and have that soft mushy heart..

It does make things much more chaotic to live with thou..that is why most will let us take care of things when we are home....

sounds normal to me...

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:08:56 pm »
Oh im still here! LOL I get off at 7am. 16 hour shifts suck.

But last word from him was that they were FINALLY settling down ;)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:51:19 am »
What great timing to be on two consecutive 16-hour shifts. Sounds like a bad day at your household, to put it lightly.
Rosie - Newfoundland