Author Topic: Fire's first horse show!  (Read 1848 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Fire's first horse show!
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:49:40 am »
For the horse people on the board I figured I'd give you and update on him.  He took first place in his model class today.  Model is an in-hand class for those that don't know.  He was very good and the judge loved him.  My cousin's mare got second...I was suprised we beat her as she's a grulla and gorgeous. 

He was good until it came time to load him back on my cousin's trailer for the ride home.  He refused to get on no matter what we tried...I think we tried every known trick known to horsepeople but nothing worked.  I had to have my dad bring our trailer from home.  He got lost and the area we were in had no cell reception.  He finally got there and after 4 hours of trying everything to get him on my cousin's trailer he walked right onto ours.  I was ready to kill him...hahaha.  He also stomped on my foot a few times so it matches the other one he smushed last time we took him to a show to hang out.....I was supposed to save him from a horse and buggy (he's from Amish country and he was still afraid of it  ::) ).

Here are some pics:

In the class (he was standing more square when the judge looked at him)

Fire Seven and my cousin

Me and Fire (yes he really is that big)
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Fire's first horse show!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:55:27 am »
I'm completely naive on horse shows but is in hand the same has a halter class but for dressage horses instead of western horses.  Either way Fire is gorgeous and you both look great.  Congrats on the win.  By the way, your cousin's horse is beautiful.  Maybe one day I'll find a place and own and learn about horses. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:12:35 am »
Thanks I was so proud of him... I find horses to be very rewarding. They're a lot of work but worth it. I hope you get the chance to get your own...they're a lot of fun.
And if you do you're more than welcome to ask me any questions you may have.

In hand is that the horse is shown from the ground not under saddle so halter is an in hand class.  Halter tends to be more geared to western and is usually breed specific whereas the model class is more open to all disciplines and breeds and is judged on conformation, manners, movement, etc. So you're not too far off.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 10:10:01 am »
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind but it may be a long way in the future. 

I've only been to one horse show in my life and they didn't show any of the horses in hand .  They only did dressage and jumping.  I had a great time watching it though.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:46:54 am »
Yaaayyyyy Fire ! Congradulation s , he looks beautiful !  :)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:24:38 pm »
Congrats! 

He's one good lookin' boy!

Have you started him yet or are you just showing in hand to get him used to show atmoshere?
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!