Author Topic: The Best Free Toy Ever??????  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
The Best Free Toy Ever??????
« on: February 22, 2006, 10:30:00 pm »
Took a diet coke bottle and put it in the sink with water and took the label off.  Gave the thing to Chase with nothing in it with the top on and he had a blast.

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: The Best Free Toy Ever??????
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 10:36:38 pm »
Dazy destroys them completely in about 10 seconds flat.  She loves it though!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 10:46:36 pm »
Those plastic bottles are the favorite toys around here!  That and the carboard tubes inside toilet paper or paper towels! ;D

Blair

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 11:04:45 pm »
Cute pictures! I never gave those to my boys cause i am afraid they would eat them LOL

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:24:16 am »
What a cutie....Katie (one of the nards we're babysitting) once decided it'd be fun to puncture a bottle of orange soda....yeah that was quite the mess and I got covered in it as I made a mad dash to throw it into the kitchen sink....that was last year.  This year she was ripping apart a squeeker and trying to eat it and the gave a piece to Kali to try and eat....luckily my mom caught them both before they could swallow.  Kali will eat just about anything and her favorite thing is to shred paper towels.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

DakotaMom

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:38:33 am »
I would like to second what Blair said. One of Dakota's favorite toys was an empty milk jug.

Then one day he chewed off a piece that would not pass. He ended up having to have 10" of his small intestines removed because the plastic got stuck and perforated his intestines. He was a very sick boy.

They can be a great toy but be very cautious.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 08:51:10 am »
Ghetto toys like empty soda bottles and cardboard papertowel rolls are a huge hit around here also.  Also any kind of plastic bowl you leave laying around will get toted around and destroyed quickly.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 09:44:52 am »
Is it still considered ghetto if your dog plays with mineral water bottles instead of soda bottles?  :D

Flynn loves 'em!