Author Topic: Binky locked me out in the snow!!!!!  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Binky locked me out in the snow!!!!!
« on: December 08, 2005, 01:56:18 pm »
So, I decided to be nice to my husband and shovel the driveway-it is snowing like crazy here!  I shoveled the driveway, the deck and a path in the backyard for Chicklet (she's so small that she can't walk in the snow).  It took me about half an hour. 
I go to open the door and-it's LOCKED!  The only way our door locks is a deadbolt on the inside, which obviously has to be locked from the inside or with a key outside.  There's Binky, standing with her foot on the bolt!  Of course, I couldn't get her to turn it back.
Another of course-none of my neighbors are at home.  So I had to walk to the library to use their phone.  Now let me tell you, I looked like a Yetti!  I was completely covered in snow, I was wearing an old jacket that was also coated with dog hair (and I mean major hair-I found two of them sleeping on it last night and Binky is shedding like it's going out of style).  The librarians were less than impressed and I think they thought I was really insane when I told them the dog had locked me out!
I managed to get in touch with my mother-in-law to let me in...an hour later!  AHHHHH.  Needless to say, I will carry a key with me at all times now!  Being locked out was not something I considered before getting a big dog!  Beware!  This is Binky's first real snow and she is loving it- at least someone enjoys it!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Kiahpyr

Re: Binky locked me out in the snow!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 01:59:46 pm »
OMG!!! I'm so sorry for you being locked out, but it was so funny.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 02:00:57 pm »
Awe you must of been freezing. But it is kinda funny, I ccan just picture everything lol. I am glad your back in your nice warm house  :D

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 02:01:17 pm »
Sorry you got locjed out, but it is very funny..lol ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 02:02:50 pm »
Hahaha........ .....sorry, but that is funny.  I've heard of dogs locking people out of their cars, but never the house.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 02:03:24 pm »
I know it must have sucked at the time, but I can't help but laughing  ;D
RIP former BPO

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 02:04:45 pm »
OMG that is sooo funny...I am sorry...gutta love those LGD's   the dog was punishing you for keeping her inside during the storm LOL  Those LGD's are smart doggers
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
It is funny!  Even I was laughing as I tried to pry open a window and all the animals were staring at me like "What are you doing?  Looks like fun! Let us out too!"  It started to be less funny the colder I got, but I'm warm again, so it's ok!  Of course, no one believes that the dog did it.  My mother-in-law called me a dumb blond!!!  She doesn't think that Binky did it, even though it's impossible to lock the door from the outside!  Whatever-I know you BPO-ers know that dogs are capable of much more than we give them credit for.  I'm sure Binky could have unlocked the door if I had trained her to (something to work on!)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 02:26:01 pm »
Oh my! :D That would so suck.

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 02:51:00 pm »
OH WOW!! LOL  That is too funny.  I decided to put myself in your shoes and imagine what I would have done in that situation..... ...I would have FREAKED OUT!! AND used very naughty words while walking to the Library. lol  I'm glad you're back in your warm house now.  ;D

Andi

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 03:02:45 pm »
It is funny!  Even I was laughing as I tried to pry open a window and all the animals were staring at me like "What are you doing?  Looks like fun! Let us out too!"  It started to be less funny the colder I got, but I'm warm again, so it's ok!  Of course, no one believes that the dog did it.  My mother-in-law called me a dumb blond!!!  She doesn't think that Binky did it, even though it's impossible to lock the door from the outside!  Whatever-I know you BPO-ers know that dogs are capable of much more than we give them credit for.  I'm sure Binky could have unlocked the door if I had trained her to (something to work on!)

Don't worry about your mother-in-law not believing you - we told Father for weeks that Sapphire knew how to open the back door (it has a lever handle), but he wouldn't believe us until he saw for himself.  He was CERTAIN that the door must not have been shut tight.  If we aren't paying attention, she just opens the door and strolls in, after opening the screen door of course.  (She either makes a hole by the screen door handle, wraps her paw around, pushes the handle, and pulls the door open - which is hilarious - or she just jumps at the screen until it is sufficiently bashed in for her to walk through it.)  All she has to do is stand up and use a paw to press down on the lever.  Then she can push it open.  If she knew how to pull the door open to go out, she would; she pushes the lever down, but, for some inexplicable reason  ;), the door won't push open.

I hope she doesn't learn to lock or unlock the deadbolt on that door.  It would be funny if Sapphire locked us out, but it would become a nuisance I'm afraid.  Sapphire's "bash in the screen to open the door" trick was really funny at first too, but now she does it all the time.  It isn't funny to be constantly fixing the screen, and the hole only gets bigger if we do not fix it.

I hope you can cure Binky of her new trick - or at least teach her how to UNlock the door!

Sofia

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 03:52:42 pm »
OMG!  I'm sorry, but that is funny!!  (the being a frozen Yeti wouldn't be too funny, but once you got warm, I'm glad you could smile about it!) :D
-lauriew

GR8DAME

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 03:58:33 pm »
Thanks for a great laugh on a very slow Friday! You have to hand it to our big paws...they make sure we are never too bored...or dignified.
Stella

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 04:07:25 pm »
I love it!  Stories like these remind me of why I love our big paws:  life is NEVER dull!!!

Offline jdumin

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Wolfie & Freddie: The New Puppy
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 08:17:03 pm »
 ;D I've been there...  Our back door locks really easily, bc it's one of those locks that you just tap and it won't open, so I always carry my cell phone and spare keys when I go out the door - seriously!  I would tell you to hide a key outside somewhere for the future but I'm too paranoid to do that.  Glad you're safe and warm!   :D