Author Topic: Up late watching the weather  (Read 1864 times)

Viking Lady

Up late watching the weather
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
Last night we had tornado watches until after midnight. I can't go to bed until the weather clears so Luke and I hung out in the den watching TV and chewing on things.

Actually it was nice because nothing was too scary close to us so I enjoyed using him for a big pillow, he usually isn't still long enough, while he munched on some apples and a new toy.

Shortly before I was ready to turn in he came over and got my arm in his mouth, which he hasn't done in a long time. I said NO and moved my arm. He did it again, same thing. Then he got my other arm. I started getting mad and yelled at him and it only seemed to encourage him. Finally I popped him on the nose and said No and he still didn't want to stop. He was not biting but it was a firm mouthing and it was not fun. I put him outside for about fifteen minutes and let him in and he didn't do it.

I don't know what was going on but he hasn't done that in ages. I blamed it on the barometric pressure (hehe)but I really don't understand it. He kept on and I know he knows better.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Up late watching the weather
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:12:09 pm »
Sounds like typical behavior for his age.  Ursa has days where she either forgets all of her training or chooses not to comply.  Her trainer had warned me that this would happen.  Of course I thought "not my baby" - HA! Shows what I know.

I reinforce the rules through additional training where she seems to need it (we spent all of last week reworking her down).  This too shall pass - I hope!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Up late watching the weather
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:01:38 pm »
Kaila and Shiner have both developed hearing problems now that it has turned colder.  Dang dogs have become deaf all of a sudden but they can still hear that treat canister open.  I think weather and if you are concerned about the weather plays a big part in their actions.  Perhaps he was trying to save you from worrying about the weather.  See he was only trying to protect you from stress.   :D What a good boy!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience