Author Topic: Mile high fence?  (Read 6852 times)

jesday

Mile high fence?
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:37:09 am »
Syrus is too funny. This is the barricade I set up to keep him from bothering Sophie. He actually doesn't bother her so much as want to sleep and lie right next to her in her bed. I can't have him sitting on her by accident. :-\

As you can see in the photo, the ladder doesn't even come up to his knees. It is the Great Wall of China for all he knows. He cries and cries when I'm giving Sophie a treat before I get to him. He literally could just step over the thing but acts like he is in jail. Let's hope he doesn't figure it out. :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Mile high fence?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:57:39 am »
LOLOL......... .that is too cute!
I've seen Gunther do the same thing with a chair in his way.  :D

AudgePadge

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:28:32 am »
hahahaha! Oreo was the same way, a little baby fence fell down and made a HUGE bang when he was a puppy... from then on, I could put a towel on the floor and he wouldn't cross it... lol

lookingfornewf

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:45:03 am »
That's too funny. When Annie, my Jack Russell was a pup of only about 5 pounds I put up a baby gate and a 4 ft piece of plywood in the doorway (approx 6 feet high altogether) she still managed to get out. I wish a ladder were enough to stop her. When I have put up barricades for Clifford he just pushes them down, kind of walks right through like they weren't there.

KBNewf

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:43:36 am »
HAHAHA Elizabeth that is the funniest thing ever!!! Syrus is like "what the dog is this thing????" He could literally step over it is what makes it more funny...I love them!

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:19:55 am »
That is too funny!   I wish Gunner would recognize a barricade.  Kira will not cross or knock it down but the moose will walk right through them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:23:34 am by KiraNGunnersmom »
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:22:24 am »
Silly Syrus!  He just wants to be with his sis and mean mom put this impenetrable barricade in between them!!  How could you?   ;D

When I have put up barricades for Clifford he just pushes them down, kind of walks right through like they weren't there.

It's the same way with Sierra.  One of her nicknames is Dozer.  She butts at the French doors leading to the dining room with the top of her head until she busts them open.  We tried to confine her at the stairway landing while Jeff's 92 yr old uncle was over one time.  The barricade held up, but I can't say the same for the wooden dowels on the railing on the stairs.  They were about an inch thick and she broke three of them clean in half.  It only took her about 4 minutes to get out
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:25:36 am by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Tonda

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 12:11:58 pm »
My boy has NO respect for gates, barriers, etc. You can tell he just doesn't *get* that they're there for a reason, LOL! The girl won't even get in and out of bed on her own. *rolls eyes*

jesday

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »
As much as I am grateful for his 'respect'of boundaries, I can't help wondering if the boy is a little, shall we say, simple? ;D

Our neighbor calls my babies Dumb & Dumber as they sit prettily at the gate greeting him as he drives by. I used to take offense, but maybe he knows something I don't. ;)

(I'm ready for my chastisement, Patty)

Viking Lady

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 01:07:49 pm »
I think he knows he can step over it. But he knows that you put it there for him not to cross. He is a very handsome, sweet guy.  :)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:10 pm »
That is really cute!  He's not simple, just respectful :) 
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

lookingfornewf

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 02:22:01 pm »
As much as I am grateful for his 'respect'of boundaries, I can't help wondering if the boy is a little, shall we say, simple? ;D

Our neighbor calls my babies Dumb & Dumber as they sit prettily at the gate greeting him as he drives by. I used to take offense, but maybe he knows something I don't. ;)

(I'm ready for my chastisement, Patty)
I'm sorry, "Dumb and Dumber" made me laugh out loud. We'll just call Clifford Dumbo and they can all ride the short bus together. ;D

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 08:16:21 pm »
Awww,  BPO has our own Dumb and Dumber,  Dumbo and Gunner Gump...lol!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Tonda

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 03:48:00 am »
Little Gilligan is unlikely to be pushy or to wander. The joy of Newf is that they're just so dang mellow and sweet (not dumb!). Just don't try and swim . . . my godmother's ENORMOUS Newf (Gladstone, man I loved that dog, he was my first Newf experience as a kid) could not be dissuaded from "saving" swimmers, LOL!

I'm still laughing about the lab owners at the park who asked me how I got my 5 month old pups to listen to me so well. First, I didn't get a lab . . .

jesday

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 04:35:47 am »
Aawww, now I feel bad I called my sweet boy 'simple'  ;)