Author Topic: the hunt continues...  (Read 2643 times)

Offline no.newf.ashley

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
the hunt continues...
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:49:36 am »
After sending an email saying we were interested in the landseer but wanted to first meet the kennel next week as per agreed upon, prior to these shinanigans, the breeder responded, and told us she was having a family come and look at our puppy and that she needed a "firm commitment" from us that we were going to take it.  I can understand where shes coming from as she said she doesn't want to be stuck with a puppy and no home.  We've decided to take the deposit back and continue the hunt.
I am hopeful we'll find the right doggy!  But let me tell you, logic/reason do not go hand in hand with impatience and puppies haha

jesday

Re: the hunt continues...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:46:09 am »
How discouraging for you! I thought the deposit gave you first priority to at least get a chance to see the pup. She should have let the family see him with the understanding you had first rights. Not versed enough in the world of breeders to know how it works.

You'll find your little guy. And when you do, you'll know why things worked out the way they did. :)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 04:48:25 am »
I agree with El'skids. This did happen for a reason. I didn't get the first dane I thought I was going to get either. But I just Love Athena and am so glad things worked out the way they did.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

AudgePadge

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:16:03 am »
Aw...well...yo u'll find him/her, and when you do, you won't regret it!

I didn't really want Roscoe at first...I'm still thinking about it, since he just peed all over the plumerias and now they're dead...lol

But i love him...when you find the perfect puppy...POST PICTURES!!!

lookingfornewf

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:01:09 am »
So sorry it didn't work out. That's not right that she expected a commitment out of you without even meeting the pup.
I could loan you mine for a while, he's been a pain in the butt lately. ::)