Author Topic: Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!  (Read 9442 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: Saint Bernard in SERIOUS need!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2005, 01:06:22 pm »
Another skinny one in TN, there are 3 Bernards at this shelter alone?? What the heck?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4937541

« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 01:07:08 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005, 01:43:26 pm »
Brandon, we have a sad situation here in Tennessee. People abandon animals left and right. There are way more dogs than there are loving homes. I have seen some awful things since I have lived here, and I have often wondered, what is the deal???

Luckily, I know some really great folks who are shipping puppies out of here every week, and they get adopted right away in other states like Virginia and New Jersey and such. I have talked to different people at animal control here and some of them care, but some of them don't. I have tried to report animal neglect, and sometimes they act like there is nothing they can do because it is so out of control. Honestly, I am going to get out of here one of these days! I can barely stand it!!!

Luckily those Saints you found are in foster homes it looks like.  :)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005, 03:30:40 pm »
I think TN is seeing more millers, maybe coming from Missouri and Kentucky,  and North Alabama definetly is also.  I guess in rural areas where there aren't a lot of job opportunities people see raising dogs as cattle as a way to make money.

I saw a newf puppy ad in the paper this weekend for Huntsville, from a big Missouri miller, not much we can do about it, except educate people. :(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:45:33 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”