Author Topic: Saint pup in need-kill shelter- OK  (Read 30712 times)

Nicole

Re: Saint pup in need-kill shelter- OK
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 07:51:29 am »
Ok, so I just remembered that my best friend from high school is driving from Albequerque to North Carolina next week!!!!!!!!!! That would be a SERIOUS help with this!!!! Let me know if we can make use of her. I know she'd help us out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 01:31:12 am »
BUMP!

Anyone? Ideas?

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 05:09:45 am »
ok do we know where this saints destination is??
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 06:07:59 am »
bump -again, Just keeping the post alive...Do we have any one who can take her?

Nicole

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 09:37:13 pm »
ok do we know where this saints destination is??

hahha, no! If we did, this wouldn't be so problematic.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 09:44:23 pm »
OMG - this post totally choked me up - y'all are just so awesome! If y'all need transport help anywhere near Georgia, I live in Atlanta - count me in.

Nicole

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 10:00:37 pm »
If anyone is interested, let me know. We're going to try and get this girl to NC to Drool Girl for foster.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 10:12:09 pm »
Nicole - Check your PM.

I'd be happy to help transport for Drool Girl to foster.. but I'm definitely considering... well...you know....

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 11:14:13 pm »
OH I wish i could  help  But Im  way out of the way. I hoep  the Saint  gets to a good home
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Nicole

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 12:17:04 am »
OK. I am going to contact my friend Tanya tonight to see what her route is. Anyone between NM and NC that's willing to help transport or foster, please yell "ME!" right now! hahaha!

*Addition*

I just thought of something. Tanya isn't really a "dog" person per se. It might help her if I could offer her some money. Anyone willing to contribute to some cash to bribe my non-doggy friend? I will definitely throw some down, too!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:18:07 am by Nicole »

Nicole

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:56 am »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AY!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:22 am »
ME! - in Georgia (live in Atlanta)

**modified to add - I am able to transport**
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:30:55 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 12:40:20 am »
Me! 

We're in northeastern Oklahoma, about 1 hour north of I-40.  We have a nice guest room, if a free place to stay overnight is a helpful encouragement for your friend.  We could also pick up the pupper at Sand Springs and deliver her somewhere.  We can probably do one overnight, if necessary.

Offline DroolGirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Amelia update
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 02:09:35 am »
I just spoke with Amanda the ACO, and she says Amelia has done a 360. I know she means a 180, as she describes Amelia as much more energetic, interactive, eating more, etc.

It looks like Saint Rescues in the area will not be able to help, and apparently a local INSIDE home might be tough to find. Of course, as far as I am concerned, that is the only kind of home for a Saint!!

I will definitely contribute to a bribe pool if Nicole's friend can be convinced to add a furry drooling travelling companion to her plans.

I am also going to collect some basic medical supplies to ship out to this shelter, and any contributions would be helpful. There is apparently NO budget for anything as simple as Strongid or peroxide or antibiotics. So, if you have any spare supplies-- or a suggestion as to where I might get things cheap-- please let me know! They have gone above and beyond for Amelia, and they would obviously like to do more for all of their dogs- they just don't have the resources to do so.

EllieAndBlu

Re: Amelia update
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 02:28:05 am »
I am also going to collect some basic medical supplies to ship out to this shelter, and any contributions would be helpful. There is apparently NO budget for anything as simple as Strongid or peroxide or antibiotics. So, if you have any spare supplies-- or a suggestion as to where I might get things cheap-- please let me know! They have gone above and beyond for Amelia, and they would obviously like to do more for all of their dogs- they just don't have the resources to do so.

Such caring people at that shelter... I would love to help by sending a care pkg of supplies. Can you post a list of suggested items and the name/address of the shelter...  or feel free to PM me. Thanks.