Author Topic: I am calling tomorrow!!!*FINAL UPDATE  (Read 9937 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
I am calling tomorrow!!!*FINAL UPDATE
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:55:50 am »
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8821301

This poor old girl is in the pound in New Philly Ohio. That sucks because my dad is from there and was just visiting family there yesterday...it is only about 2 hours from me though. I don't know if I can take the heartache of another old girl...but she needs someone to give her a home. :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:58:17 pm by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I am calling tomorrow!!! LOOK
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 12:07:15 pm »
You can handle it.  You will be going into it knowing that you will only have maybe a year or two, but it's better than where she is.  And you also walk into it knowing that for that year or two or three she will be lavished with more love and attention than she has probably ever even imagined!!  And she will give it back 10 fold.  And there will be no heartaches, you will fix that when you bring her home!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 12:14:10 pm »
God...I am crying. Poor old girl.... She looks so much like Tisha in the face with all the grey. :( I just printed directions...I haven't bee there in years, but my husband delivers Pepsi up very close to there...He is out of town for the weekend, but should be calling in the a.m. Funny...we hust bought a Honda Odesey mini van on Monday...I have plenty of room to transport dogs now.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 12:16:17 pm »
What do you think of the name Gwen...short for Gwenevere??? I figured since I have Morgayne...I could stick with the King Arthur theme...what am I saying?????? I don't even know anything about her.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 12:49:44 pm »
Jodi-I just looked at your profile because of the location of the dog you ARE bringing home tomorrow.Are you Bite Me Bird Toyz that goes to the shows in NW OH and SE MI??
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 01:01:37 pm »
She needs you...   :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:02:24 pm by happiday »
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 02:45:46 pm »
Awww Jodi, I love her sweet face and I really think that she looks like a Gwen. 

I really think that one of the best ways to help soothe a broken heart is to bring home someone that really needs you.  Maybe I'm biased b/c that's what we did when we adopted Sammy & Cassie.  Sammy was totally emaciated, frail and sad-eyed, but then I was really sad-eyed back then, too.  Adopting he and Cassie have brought so much happiness to our whole family.

I really hope that this works out for you.  She looks like the biggest love bug ever!   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 07:58:41 pm »
Jodi-I just looked at your profile because of the location of the dog you ARE bringing home tomorrow.Are you Bite Me Bird Toyz that goes to the shows in NW OH and SE MI??

No...unfortuna tle I named my toys that years ago...I did searches etc. and at that time I couldn't find anyone with that name. I started my website on one of the free site things...and when I wanted to buy the actual address bitemebirdtoys .com it was available. LMAO I am NOT computer savy at all, and so it took me a week to decide to buy it and then it was taken. Soooo I have bitemebirdtoyZ .com with a "z"

I am waiting to call the pound...it's about 8:00 here. I should probably spend my time listing some stuff on e-bay(I usually sell on there but haven't for a month or so). LOL After the $2000 in vet bills in the past 2 months, and then buying the van and paying the sales tax out of pocket...I am a bit over extended. It's only money right..and somehow when things are tight things find a way to work out. LOL :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 08:41:52 pm »
OK...so I was trying to find the adoption fees... I found them I guess because they do NO vetting of the animals...it is low
http://www.co.tuscarawas.oh.us/Commissioners/DogPound.htm
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:24 pm »
Oh what a sweet, darling face.  What a special person you must be to give an older dog a comfortable place; where they will be loved for as long as she has - hopefully - years to come.

Best of luck when you go to meet her

Randy and Harley

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 08:48:54 pm »
Jodi, go get her- it was meant to be. Bring her home and start posting pics. She is such a lovely old girl and I have a feeling that you guys need each other.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
Jodi, I hope this works out for both of you.  I think that you both really need each other.  When are you going to have pics of our new girl up here?   ;)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: I am calling tomorrow!!!*UPDATE
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 02:33:39 am »
Sooo...I started to drive there, and finally someone answered the phone. Turns out she is not available till Mon. Or Tues. Thanks god I did not make that whole drive. The girl said she seems to have been fed well, and seems healthy. Now for the bad news...She is NOT spayed...she is in heat, she was picked up with an uneutered lab. And they are out of cages there so the 2 dogs are in the same kennel together.....W TF????? I planned on getting her vetted, but holly crap I don't think I can pull of paying for a spay like as soon as she comes in the door. Why are people so freaking dumb?????
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 02:51:48 am »
Jodi, I may have an answer reg. the spay....is there a PetsMart near you with Banfield? Some of the offer reduced spays and some of them have been known to cut the spay cost if the dog is a rescue, it never hurts to start calling now and asking! Good Luck!!! :'(

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 03:54:04 am »
Another option might be to call your local humane society and ask if there is a program for low cost/no cost spay at a SPCA or vet in your area.  Also, your local Great Dane rescue may be able to help you get her spayed using their vet and their rescue discount.

I can't wait to hear more!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees