Author Topic: Neutering, separation anxiety, and Santa...  (Read 1605 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Neutering, separation anxiety, and Santa...
« on: December 18, 2005, 09:31:15 pm »
So Riley was neutered today. He's very whiny right now-poor guy. I had to run to Walgreens to pick up a prescription after work, but the line was long. So I went back out to my jeep, and he was moving over to the driver's seat (he was belted into the passenger side; I didn't put his harness on, so it was pretty easy to wiggle out). He was kind of freaking out a bit. I got in, and he got on top of me... I ended up sitting in the parking lot for about 20 minutes, because I had 70 pounds of dead weight on top of me. LOL. I couldn't steer or reach the parking brake.

We got home, and Sadie had eaten/chewed up a few books (she's now decided that the third shelf up the bookcase is fair game, after I cleared the first two. I'm not really sure how she squeezes them out from between each other-of course, it's not something she does when I'm around, so I'm left to my imagination. She's done this before, but this time, she really shredded one of them. It looked like paint chips all over the place. So it looks like I've got two dogs with some separation anxiety issues.

Oh, and Santa: We went to Petsmart for Santa pictures on Sunday, and they didn't want anything to do with Santa. Actually, they wanted nothing to do with his whole set-up... darn curtain and bench. Riley is normally very social, but there was a puppy going nuts behind us, so I thought he just freaked out (plus, Sadie wanted nothing to do with Santa). Well, turns out, Riley wanted nothing to do with him: When we left, Santa was outside, and Sadie went up to him for attention; meanwhile, Riley tried to drag me as far away as he could. LOL. Must be the red outfit... Riley's thinking, "That's just not right, man."

Poor guy is still whining. I keep taking him outside to go potty. Not sure if he wants anything or is just talking. Sadie had a couple of big upchucks when she was spayed, and I'm hoping he doesn't get stomach sick as easily as she did! My poor guy...

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Neutering, separation anxiety, and Santa...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 09:44:08 pm »
Poor baby boy, give him a hug from us.  Sugar Bear was a big baby for a week after his.  Everyone talked about how you would never know it has been done, not with Sugar Bear.  My spoiled boy  :'( for a week.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 10:27:33 am »
aww,  sounds like it was quite the day. Poor Riley I hope he is feeling better soon and I hope Sadie doesn't eat any more books   ;)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 10:41:30 am »
Poor Dear Riley,
  You're supposed to GET gifts at Christmas not have "things" taken away.
Not fair.  No wonder you're whiney.
Santa better be extra nice to you this year!!!

Love,
Jack, Jilly, & Daisy
(especially Jack. He knows your pain)
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 10:43:55 am »
Oh I hope Riley gets lots of extra presents this year ;)