Author Topic: boog's potty/kennel training  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
boog's potty/kennel training
« on: June 24, 2007, 09:42:21 pm »
alright, i'd LOVE some input/advice/experience from every one that would. booger's potty training has not been going like it should. im crate training him. the same way as i did max. max did wonderfull by the way. never had an easier dog to potty train. but boog on the other hand. likes to piddle in his kennel and then ask out. like " get me out of here so you can clean it!" about half the time he wont ask to go out at all. asking to go out being. barking. whyning. any noise that i'd hear at all. ive got babies, i wake up easy so anything works. if he walks around in his kennel too much ill hear that. so i've made his kennel smaller. so it's just his size no room to pee at one end and be comfy at the other. i monitor his water, make sure he's not over doing it and no water after 6 pm. and i always let him out to go potty when he asks. now he never poos in his kennel. just piddle. but since the same tequnique is not working for him that worked so wonderfully for max, i'd like to hear what every one did/does to potty train, and advice please. i'd like to get this thing on the ball. but we also have to remember he's very young yet. max goes potty on command ;D  im so proud of him. but what worked for max isnt working for boogers so well. Boogers would like potty training advice please

Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: boog's potty/kennel training
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 09:58:12 pm »
I Never have had problems with the female pups, but Thorn would actually do great for a week, then I'd look and see him leaving a trail of pee as he walked to the door....I told myself it was because of him growing, maybe his bladder was behind his body or something. He didn't poo in the house just pee. It took a few months before he got it under control.
It sounds like you are doing everything right with the crate. It may just take him awhile to realize how it works. I don't crate Morgayne, she is older though and can go all night sleeping on her bed next to mine. I just make sure I praise the heck out of her and make a huge deal when she goes out. She seems to have the hang of it now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:00:09 pm by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:08:56 pm »
I am going through the same thing right now with Honey Bee, although she has finally stopped "Piddleing" in her crate.
I have to take her out every hour, and I could not give her much free time in the house, because she will always pee, even if she just went 3 times in a row outside. she would and does even Pee infront of the Door as I am putting her leash on to take her outside . Honey Bee is a handfull she is nothing like Butterfly was... Awww Little Puppies are so darn cute but geez they are so exausting.

I am going to have to keep reading up on this Post to get some advice for myself too!

I actually need to take Honey bee out right now ( Smile)

Shell

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:55:31 pm »
haha never a dull moment!!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog