Author Topic: Misbehavin' Monty  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Gill

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Misbehavin' Monty
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:26:02 am »
Monty is 9 months old and seems to have found the devil in him!!!!He is being very stubborn and seems to do things just because he knows he will get a reaction from me!!!He would keep taking the pillows off the couch and walk past me with it in his mouth waiting for me to chase him to get it back. This went on for a while and I ended up putting the pillows away....so the next day he come strolling in with the actual seat cushion off the couch in his mouth. He is constantly taking the tea towel off the hook in the kitchen, he doesn't seem to chew it but just take it and drops it. Please, is this just another phase that I wasn't expecting? He can behave so well, but at the moment he seems to spend more time in 'time out' than ever before. Am I doing some thing wrong?
Bogie 9y.o Blue-fronted Amazon Parrot
Montague 1 year old St Bernard Puppy

All the while you have a dog you will be loved.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: Misbehavin' Monty
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 04:29:27 am »
LMAO!!! The actual couch cushion!!! That is too funny..I am sure it is just a faze. It is a good thing they are soo darn cute as pups...or we would kill them.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 07:48:18 am »
HOLY COW!! the whole cushion?!?! you've GOT to take a picture of this for bpo and post it! i would love to see that!
well....i dont know what if anything you are up for trying this on....but if you could spray vinegar on the teatowel for a week maybe he'd get the hint.... i dont know if you want to put vinegar on your cushions....if they are totaled like mine it prolly wouldnt matter  ::)  or maybe ummm. there is a puppy off training spray that you can buy at walmart that you spray on whatever you want your dog to leave alone that works good with my pack also. and i know that some people use double sided tape to keep their cats from scratching the furniture...th at may be an interesting thing to try....but prabably useless. just a fiew ideas to try. hope this helps :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline sc.trojans

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Gracie and Skylar
    • View Profile
    • Natural K9
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 07:23:26 am »

God, I love adolescence!  What a great time in a dog!

At this age he is just testing his boundaries.  Even those dogs who received lots of good training before adolescence, still face a period of having them test their boundaries to ensure they are going to stick.

The key is to consistently show him those boundaries.  Saying no, redirecting his behavior to what is appropriate (hand him a toy in place of inappropriate object etc.) and ensuring he doesn't get away with things right now....or they will stick.

Good luck!
SC Trojans
with Gracie and Skylar