Author Topic: BigWhiteStinkyDoorstops?...lol!  (Read 3745 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

BigWhiteStinkyDoorstops?...lol!
« on: April 25, 2006, 11:11:08 am »
I met a man at the vet's the other day who has a Pyr...That isn't comman around here so we got talking about our dogs...All of the sudden he asked in a very serious tone..."Do yours lay in doorways?...I am forever tripping over mine during the night"...lol...I know mine are always in the way when I try to go through a door...How about you guys?...Do you have big white doorstops too? :D

doggylover

Re: BigWhiteStinkyDoorstops?...lol!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 11:32:33 am »
ROFL Badger is sort of a big black obstacle in our house.  He is constantly positioning himself so as to make it difficult for the person he is obsessing over to leave.  Sometimes if we have been in and out a lot, and he is lonely, he will lay in front of the door and passively resist being moved.  You literally have to drag him gently away from the door and then he cries because he doesn't want you to leave. 
Sounds like Prys are as 'aloof' as Rotts. 
 ;)Ronda

Blair

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:47:53 am »
I dont have a white doorstep but a stinky black and tan doorstep LOL Zeus is always by the front door and wont get up when I try to open the door, so I have to open the door with zeus there  ::) And once I am outside he gets right back, so I have to do the samething to get back inside. Silly dogs

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 07:50:04 pm »
Kali is so bad about that!!! She won't let you in the house.  You have to shoulder the door open enough to squeeze through and dtep over her.  Then she glares at you for disturbing her ::).  And she's black so she's a shadow on the floor.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 07:54:05 pm »
Oh yes, it is such a pyr thing.  They have to guard the doors. Dixie guard the door in my shop at work there is no way anyone is getting in without her knowing.  Most of the time she guard the front door and Sugar Bear guards the back. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 08:00:59 pm »
Gotta love them doorstops! LOL! I'm always tripping over one dog or the other. Kitana hates to leave myside, so no matter where I go there's a dog. I'm surprised I haven't broken anything! :)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 05:37:31 am »
That's so funny!  Binky sleeps right in our bedroom, right in front of the door.  My husband is always tripping over her at night- he just can't seem to remember that she's there.  Definitely a Pr thing-  the first day we got Binky, she plopped down, not in her comfy new bed, but blocking our back door.  It's still her favorite place.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 05:54:52 am »
I have one in every door way.
with the cats and the dogs you can't move without tripping.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 12:46:19 am »
My Pys have definitely been the worst but the Labs have quite a doorstop thing going too.  When there were 4 in the house, they'd often all congregate in my tiny kitchen.  It was difficult to try to do anything without tripping over one, or two, or three.  The favorite spots were right in front of the oven door and right in front of the dog gate leading into the next room.  You'd have to step over both the dog AND the gate!  I'm not tall enough to manage that well!  Jesse is the worst in the winter but with the good weather, he spends most of his day outside now.  Eider has taken over as the worst doorstop.  He follows me everywhere and when he gets stuck at a gate, I need to step over both to get back :o
Daphne