Author Topic: Hi New Here, Ices Dad  (Read 57129 times)

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Hi New Here, Ices Dad
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2006, 01:28:56 am »
Yep I Is :o)
And Dad Says I'm Gettin even Bigger!!!!
I'm Still Just a Pup yet though :o)
 See Ya, Ice
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2006, 12:46:59 am »
Hi all :o)
Ice Here, just Checking in see How all my Dog Friends and Owners have been? My Mom and Dad Say I'm a Goofy Dog,I'm a year and a half old now!  But Hey I'm just a pup and like being a pup! One thing that is for Sure, I Know my mom and Dad Loves me, they show me everyday! Well Hope All is well with everyone else! Ice Out :o)
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2006, 01:06:04 am »
He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Makes me want another Merle
I have a four month old Fawn but my last dane was a merle and I loved her colors. I would love to see more pics of him. And he looks huge! I think you are doomed to lose that couch completely! ;D
cuttles

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2006, 10:53:35 am »
Boy Have I found a God Send! While at Pet Smart Yesterday a salesperson, suggested a Halti to me for Ice, cause I was saying how he tries to pull me when walking, So I bought one, read the manual that comes with it, and put it on ice. I let him walk around the house with it to get used to the feel of it! So I said, lets go for a walk Ice, Energetic as usual off we went! I was amazed he walked right beside me never pulled once!  I took him to the store, he was great, I'm so Proud of Him, he never even pulled with other Dogs around :o) I'm so glad I got one for Him! Makes our trips so much easier! P.S. Ice Loves to Ride in the car, now Walking is enjoyable! Take Care All, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2006, 11:06:20 am »
Thats great to know! I will have to invest in one for Kayzer. He loves to chew on his leash when we go walking! I bought him a harness and it works quite well also but for when he is bigger a Halti might be a good idea!
Thanks for the info!
Carole

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2006, 05:23:22 pm »
Well, Ice and I went on a Trip today to PetSmart :o) Ice wasn't a happy cmper though! It was Nail Trimming time, He wasn't very Happy, it has been awhile and we all know Danes nails are thick, well he made it and he looks so darn cute with his Blue Bandana they put on him! He was alittle leary of the people but once he relaxed and got to know them? He is just Happy as a Lark now :o) He loves other Dogs and got along good with the other Dogs there! Well just putting on alittle for reading material ;o) Ice says " Hi " and Hopes all his friends are doing good! Take Care, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2006, 12:25:47 pm »
Yes I did and everyone Just Loved how Big he is! They would say, He looks like someone through a bucket of paint on him :o) Actually he does! I got alot of complements from people saying he has a beautiful coat. Then they asked, is he gonna get bigger? I said yep, he's only a year and a Half now! I was really proud of him, he was a really Good Boy! Take Care All, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2006, 12:31:06 pm »
Oops :o)
Thats Threw, not through ;o) and Compliments not Coplements!
Only Human here never will I be Perfect! :o) Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2006, 01:33:46 am »
Well I got a question?
Ice is going in Wednesday to get Neutered and on here lots have asked how to get him to not be so active afterwards? I know I'm going to have a problem here :o( Ice doesn't settle down, he's a pup all day and night, Hardly ever just relaxes, and ideas or help, or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ice is a year and a half old but thinks he's about 6 months old! lol I don't want him hurting himself after he gets snipped! Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

kristi

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2006, 12:58:34 pm »
Well I got a question?
Ice is going in Wednesday to get Neutered and on here lots have asked how to get him to not be so active afterwards? I know I'm going to have a problem here :o( Ice doesn't settle down, he's a pup all day and night, Hardly ever just relaxes, and ideas or help, or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ice is a year and a half old but thinks he's about 6 months old! lol I don't want him hurting himself after he gets snipped! Ices Dad

oooh the big snip! :o
I've never had a problem with any of my boys over-doing it... & quite a few of them were very excitable puppies - most were neutered between 6-9 months. I went with short periods of light activity & mandatory rest times just like in the hospital.
Do you crate him? Try to let him out for awhile, & then have him to "take a nap" for an hour (or two). If he's not crated, confine him to an area that's quiet & comfy (where he can't get into anything or hurt himself).
They're pretty good about knowing their limitations, you may be surprised - he may just let you know exactly how much or how little he wants to do.
Keep us posted!

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2006, 05:24:37 pm »
Thanks, Yes we crate him at night and when we leave the house! One thing for sure I'll have to hide his toys, he always throws them and goes after them! And Shakes the heck outta them! He likes his crate so maybe it won't be bad! I hope so! I worry about him,I'll just give him his chew items to keep him busy :o)  Thanks, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2006, 10:30:25 am »
When I had my Boomer snipped, he came home and wasn't in any sort of mood to play.  He was a fairly excited puppy, and he didn't even wanna chase the kitty!  Seriously though, he should be fine.  I'd put the toys away for a day or three just until he heals a bit.  He can live without them.  Also, they say not to give them water, so I offered ice on a plate for him to lick that first evening.  Then they're fine to eat/drink freely.  He just layed around and sort of looked pathetic.  In all, it wasn't that difficult to deal with (I'm sure Boomer would say differently if he could talk!). 

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2006, 11:22:31 am »
Thanks for the input, I take Ice at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow! Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2006, 11:12:33 am »
just wondering how Ice made out with his surgery? I hope all went well! Get well soon ice :).
Carole

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2006, 11:27:37 am »
I hope Ice is doing well!  Get well soon Ice! :)