Author Topic: One DAUGHTER for sale.....  (Read 9625 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
One DAUGHTER for sale.....
« on: November 02, 2005, 11:07:11 am »
 Does anyone remember the Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends, Poem,
"One sister for sale!" ?
I think I'm changing it to "One DAUGHTER for sale!"

One DAUGHTER for sale!
One crying and spying young DAUGHTER  for sale!
I’m really not kidding,
So who’ll start the bidding?
Do I hear a dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh, isn’t there, isn’t there, isn’t there any
One kid who will buy this old DAUGHTER  for sale,
This crying and spying young DAUGHTER  for sale?

I'll elaborate more when I get back from my errands.  ::) 

Ah the joys.. I can't WAIT for adolescence!    ::)

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Kiahpyr

Re: One DAUGHTER for sale.....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 11:08:51 am »
Oh no! Can't wait to hear what happened. I'm watching two toddlers today. AAHH!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 11:12:55 am »
Uh-oh! I can't wait to hear what the  little darling has done. :o
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Blair

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 11:15:34 am »
LOL Moni I would offer to trade daughters but Myranda sounds too much like Tori so it wouldnt solve anything.

P.S I know what happened  :P

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
The suspense is killing me!!!!!! ;D  AHHHH the joys of parenting..... you'll look back on this "situation" in a few years and laugh..... maybe not I don't know what happened yet. ;D

Andi

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 11:22:56 am »
LOL Moni I would offer to trade daughters but Myranda sounds too much like Tori so it wouldnt solve anything.

P.S I know what happened  :P

Not fair Blair!!!  First you desert us in chat last night, now you know all the good stuff before us! 

I am going to pout :(

Blair how dare you through that P.S. in our face!!!  You're in big trouble! ;D

Andi

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 12:20:00 pm »
I LOVE Shel Silverstein. I used to be able to recite "I cannot go to school today, said little Peggy Ann McKay" word for word!

Let me guess, your daughter is on a perpetual candy high from Halloween and is driving you crazy bouncing off the walls one minute then falling into temper tantrums when the sugar wears off.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 12:22:23 pm »
I have the measles and the mumps, a gash, a rash and purple bumps!

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 12:32:28 pm »
I have the measles and the mumps, a gash, a rash and purple bumps!

Sounds like poor Heather (dohertyswissy)
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 12:39:05 pm »
hehehhe!

Its the next line of the poem that jjfritche started.

"I cannot go to school today, said little Peggy Anne McKay. I have the measles and the mumps, a gash a rash and purple bumps...."

Offline Stephanie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 01:35:31 pm »
I could trade you a crying 3 year old, lol!!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 02:55:47 pm »
hehehhe!

Its the next line of the poem that jjfritche started.

"I cannot go to school today, said little Peggy Anne McKay. I have the measles and the mumps, a gash a rash and purple bumps...."

"My tonsils are as big as rocks, 'I've counted sixteen chicken pox"
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 03:33:01 pm »
"And there’s one more—that’s seventeen,
And don’t you think my face looks green?"

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 04:06:19 pm »
ok, back from running errands.  :P

So what did darling daughter do to deserve being put up for sale?

I guess it wasn't really one thing, but an accumulation of lots and lots of little things.  *sigh*

Mostly, Tori is a very precocious little girl.  She has always been one of those moody children, who thinks she knows EVERYTHING(scary part is, usually she's right).  ::)  Luckily, she is usually an amazing little angel for everyone else and just saves the evil side for dear mommie.  Yikes. 

For example, one time when she was around 2yrs old she didn't want to take a nap.  So she slammed her door so hard she busted it off its hinges... at two yrs old!  :o  Or around the same age when I handed her a glass and said, "Here's your cup" and she replied, "That's not a cup, that's a glass Mommie." 

Anywho, on to today.  I wake her up to get ready for school, she is yelling and whining and moaning.. aka normal before school behavior.  Tues and Thurs are Jays days that he can sleep in until 7:30 instead of getting up at 4:30, so I remind Tori that her father is still sleeping.  I go get Spencer's clothes ready and she's complaining about this and that.  I check in and see that she's putting on a shirt that's too small and too tight, so ask her to change it.  This turns into an argument.

"It's fine! 
It's not too small! 
It doesn't matter, I like it!!!!"   
*moni breathe's deeply and counts to 10 and walks out of room* 

I give Tori 5 min to find another shirt, or I will.  I go check on Spencer, who has dressed and gotten his snack together and gotten his backpack and coat on.  lol  Meanwhile, Tori is still half naked screaming in her bedroom.   :-\  I go bring the dogs out to go potty and go check on Tori to find her STILL not dressed and we have to be to the bus stop in 15 minutes.  I find a shirt and tell her to put it on, now of course she decides she HATES the shirt that I pick out and refuses to put it on.  *counting....*  I go downstairs and get her snacks together, go back upstairs and she's still not dressed.  So I take the shirt and put it on over her head and start dressing her.  She yells at me to stop treating her like a baby and I lose my temper finally and say "Then stop acting like one!"   :-[

*sigh*  More arguing ensues and Spencer and I start to leave for the bus stop minus Tori(its at the end of our driveway).  She catches up with us almost 5 minutes later.  They get on the bus and I go home to chill out for a couple.  About an hour later the phone rings, it's Tori....

"Mom, I forgot my homework and we need it because we're correcting each others in class"

-Ok, where is it?

"I put it either A, B, C, D, E or F.." 

*counting again*
-ok, I'll bring it right down. 
I go search through all the places for over 1/2 and hour, no flipping homework anywhere?? ?  So I call the school and apologise, but I won't be bringing it in.  Then Tori calls me back AGAIN! 

"Oh, it wasn't in A, B, C, D, E or F?  Then how about G, H, I, J or K?"

-  Tori, I looked in all those places and about a hundred other places.  I didn't find it

"OH, I know!!! It's in my laundry basket!"

*Moni looks confused....*
Sure enough, Tori's homework is at the BOTTOM of her laundry basket, UNDER all of her clothes.  :o

I swear, I do not understand this girl.  and she is only 8yrs old... God only knows what life is going to be like when puberty hits!!!!!   ::)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 04:08:33 pm by Moni »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 04:14:29 pm »
Oh Moni I'm so sorry. I have a two year old who could care less what she wears. I'm sure that will change. She likes to whine a lot especially at the dinner table. Now today I'm watching another two year old who's a being a pain in the you know what. AAHH!!