Author Topic: Chester...Bullmastiff/Great Pyrenees x...HAPPY UPDATE!!!  (Read 7513 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Chester...Bullmastiff/Great Pyrenees x...HAPPY UPDATE!!!
« on: July 15, 2006, 09:26:19 pm »
This poor fellow is in a shelter near me...I can't take on any more critter friends right now but I can pull him,(I can't take on the adoption fee however :() foster him for a short time & help with transport...An y takers?...You'll have to scroll down to the 2nd dog from the bottom (tonight at least...his position on the page could change as more dogs are listed)...His name is Chester & he's a 2 yr. old, owner surrendered Great Pyr/Bullmastiff x.
http://www.dbqhumane.org/AdoptablePets.cfm?Pet=Dog
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 06:06:06 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Chester...Bullmastiff/Great Pyrenees x...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:44:39 am »
I can't get the page to come up. I even googled them and tried it that way, but I think it must be down for maintenance or something this morning. Plus, I thought I should *bump* this up for others to see when the link does start working...  ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 08:55:22 am »
The link worked last night...I bet their site is down...Try again later. :)

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 11:44:53 am »
no... not working...
I have a white page with a " <H2" on the top left corner.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:08 pm »
This poor fellow is in a shelter near me...I can't take on any more critter friends right now but I can pull him,(I can't take on the adoption fee however :() foster him for a short time & help with transport...An y takers?...You'll have to scroll down to the 2nd dog from the bottom (tonight at least...his position on the page could change as more dogs are listed)...His name is Chester & he's a 2 yr. old, owner surrendered Great Pyr/Bullmastiff x.
http://www.dbqhumane.org/AdoptablePets.cfm?Pet=Dog
The link works now...Tonight Chester is 8th from the bottom. :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 07:19:38 am »
He's a handsome boy!!! Hope he gets adopted soon!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 10:03:23 am »
Me too!!...I am thinking about going to see him today...If I do I'll post about it.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 03:49:43 pm »
Me too!!...I am thinking about going to see him today...If I do I'll post about it.
I finally managed to get into the HS to see Chester today...WHAT A LOVE BUG!!!!!!!!!...He was awesome!!!...There was a lady with her preteen daughter there looking at him & I spent quite awhile answering her questions about Great Pyrs...She was wonderful & her daughter seemed smitten with Chester & vice versa...When I left they had Chester outside & the lady was on her cell phone with someone talking about him...But, I just called the HS & they didn't take him. :'( But Kim (HS worker) told me they have had alot of interest in him...I really hope he gets a great forever home!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 09:58:20 pm »
He is a handsome boy.  I hope someone adopts him soon. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 10:00:21 pm »
He is a handsome boy.  I hope someone adopts him soon. 
Oh me too!...I don't know too much about Bullmastiffs but Chester did alot of "talking"...Is that a Bullmastiff thing?

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 08:09:49 pm »
Did he get adopted?

He's a cutie. I'm trying to resist the urge to adopt another dog right now-I'm buying my first home and should close next week, but I'm probably going to get a roommate. I don't know how easy it would be to convince someone to room with me with 3 big dogs, though I've had responses to my current ad, which includes my two big dogs and three cats... Hmmmm ;)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 09:07:53 pm »
Did he get adopted?

He's a cutie. I'm trying to resist the urge to adopt another dog right now-I'm buying my first home and should close next week, but I'm probably going to get a roommate. I don't know how easy it would be to convince someone to room with me with 3 big dogs, though I've had responses to my current ad, which includes my two big dogs and three cats... Hmmmm ;)
I didn't get a chance to call the HS this morning but I will be checkign on him 1st thing Monday...I'll keep you posted...He is such an awesome dog & with a bath, good brushing & proper nutrition he is going to be a handsome fellow!

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Chester...Bullmastiff/Great Pyrenees x...HAPPY UPDATE!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 06:08:34 pm »
I am pleased to announce that Chester has been adopted & gone to an excellent forever home!...Another happy ending! :)