Author Topic: I lost my job today.  (Read 7322 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: I lost my job today.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
yes they do!  Been there a few times...lost a job once...and with many other things.  it all happens for a reason.  :)

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 09:57:49 am »
Oh I'm so sorry about your job loss! :(  I hope you will be able to find that proverbial open window for this happening.  :hugs:

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:02 am »
Anky.... I am sorry to hear that. BUT dont feel bad, bosses are not always nice. I can pretty much promise you though, that had it been something you did, they would have told you, they would  have fired you and told you everyting you did wrong. When they cant come up with anything, or dont say anything, I really think that it is just that either job is slow right now, or they have another reason.

One of our friends have a company with several employees, he is super  nice as a friend, but as a boss, well we have heard the most unflattering things about him, and he is a really nice guy outside work. You never know what their motiv is but I am sure its not you, they would just have loved to tell you that.

I know its hard to not think about the money, but at least now you have all days free to go look for new jobs, jobs you might like better or that will even pay better.

Good Luck and huggs

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:54 am »
The thing that really bothers me is that I know that it's not because of money.  Yesterday we secured a million dollar deal where we deal directly with the customer, no general contractors involved.  What I THINK it is, is that the guy I was hired for is from another company that came over to make our company huge, which he is well on his way to doing.  Well his GF who does the job that I do, but at somewhere else, got fired and my placed decided to hire her to show me how to do things.  What I'm thinking happened is that they just decided to keep her and fire me.  I don't know that happened, it just seems logical and the only thing that means I didn't do something wrong.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 11:35:16 am »
I shouldnt laugh, but I was typing something like that, but deleted it because I sounded  like a vendictive bi.. lol.... But I did type before I erased it, that just wait and see a little while and then there will be a friend or a niece or something doing your old work.

What you just said, totally makes me believe that, that is what it is.

How low..........

Mait
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 11:37:34 am »
Dumber things have happened. 
I love it when a couple works together like that an everyone gets to hear the fights and feel the tension.  That's never a good plan anyway...but people do it all the time.  Makes for a great lunch hour for someone I suppose...but everyone else is always miserable.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 11:50:16 am »
I am really sorry that happened to you, but I always try and look on the bright side of things, something better will come along for you. I feel that anything that happen to you happens for a reason, good or bad.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)