Author Topic: What a difference a month makes!  (Read 3061 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
What a difference a month makes!
« on: August 11, 2005, 01:09:03 pm »

Took this picture on 7-1-05 (3 months old)

And this was taken on 8-4-05 (4 months old)

We took Bava for some more swimming at the pond last night.. I think this is 4th trip now, and he is really starting to get into it now. After we throw it out, he looks and thinks about it a minute, and you can just see he the wheels turning, and then for the first time he is jumping up and out when he goes for it.  What a cool little dude!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 01:32:15 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

lins_saving_grace

Re: What a difference a month makes!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 01:10:10 pm »
Holy COW!  I mean HOLY DOG! 

Offline Astrids mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 01:24:32 pm »
Hi Brandon,
Oh my goodness! What a difference is right.I just got my newfie last friday she will be 10 weeks on Monday so she is still little. I have no pictures posted of her yet but this weekend I will hopefully put some up. I brought Astrid to the beach a couple times and she wants nothing to do with the water yet. When did your newfie start to swim?

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 01:39:18 pm »
I wonder if you'll be able to hold him like that at 5 months!?!  :)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 01:39:25 pm »
When did your newfie start to swim?

When we first brought him home at 12wks, but we started with a kiddie wading pool and played with his squeakie toys in it so he would take an interest.. First one foot, then out, then one foot, then both.... hey this isn't too bad. He eventually figured out it was not bad, and will just plop down in it now.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 01:50:25 pm »
Wow!  Bava has really grown!  He looks like a real sweetie too  :)  The pictures over the shoulder are great!

Astrid's Mom--Sasha took a little time getting used to the water too.  We took her to the beach when she was 3 or 4 months old and she was afraid of the waves!  She soon got over it and had a great time swimming in the local creek.  Now she loves to go swimming.   :)  I think they just need a little time to figure it out.  A quiet, calm place seems to help too.

Jessica and Sasha   :P