Author Topic: Good Boy Syrus  (Read 7072 times)

Tonda

Re: Good Boy Syrus
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:50 am »
I think "good boy" is a massive understatement!

lorim2

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 10:34:08 am »
When they were pups of about 5 months old last winter, we went for a short walk on lower portion of our property. They'd been playing hard all day and this was a short potty break. I was so sure they were spent. No leashes, no cell phone (which I always carry on walks)coat and gloves, but not snow apparel. Jack was out of town and it's dusk.

Deer pops out and they take off after it over the hill into National Forrest land. Major expletives! I take off after them and try to keep them in my sight. Snow is thick so they are having trouble as well. We are a pack of energizer bunnies. We keep going and going. It's starting to get dark, we are getting farther and farther away from home. Then poof - they're gone. Then poof poof, I step into a snow covered ravine and sink up to my arm pits in the snow. I'm stuck. Sopping wet jeans and no cell phone. No one knows where I am and would have no cause to even start looking in this direction, we never take the pups down here.

One of the few times in my life I was thinking I may be in serious trouble. Fluctuation of course to worry about the bubs. They were micro-chipped but what good does that do if they get lost in a forest?

Out of nowhere pops two black blobs and they swarm over me, licking my face. "Hi mom! Whatcha doing down here? Wasn't the the funnest thing ever? What are we doing now? Huh?" By grabbing them both and the energy they still had I was able to pull myself out of the snow.

I cried all the way home and they slept for two days. That portion of our property has since been fenced off. But..to me it make Syrus just that much more a good boy. ;)

Being from Texas, that kind of story truly amazes me!!

AudgePadge

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 10:35:42 am »
aw that's great! GOOOD BOY! my boys would have taken off and never looked back... *sigh*

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »
Good boy Syrus!!!  That is awesome.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Viking Lady

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 pm »
Wow...what precious babies. I think, Elizabeth, you are in a special place. You have a wonderful, inviting home, a sweet, sweet husband, and two big fluffy (maybe goofy) adorable dogs who put you at the top of their list. That says alot about you. It's alot of fun to know you.