Author Topic: Almost finished with quarantine  (Read 1040 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Almost finished with quarantine
« on: June 16, 2006, 03:43:53 pm »
Sadie should be allowed out on Monday. Animal Control is supposed to come to my home to confirm-yes, this is how they said it-that she is not dead, i.e. that she does not have rabies.

I am so grateful, after everything going on here, that it was a provoked (middle of a fight) and not her "turning". It was odd, because she definitely looked at my friend that she bit. But she wasn't attacking. She has seen my friend since then, and she's a bit more timid around her than usual, which is kind of weird. I don't know that she remembers what happened, but I think she's got a different feeling around her now. Plus, I'm sure that my friend's a bit scared at some level, and Sadie probably senses that.

But let me just say that keeping a two-year-old lab inside for over a week now hasn't been fun. She's definitely going stir crazy. I've never played so much "house fetch" in my life. I ran out of ideas the other day and decided to utilize the fact that Sadie follows me everywhere to my advantage: I started walking laps around my couch (if you could call them "laps"). She's a smart booger, though, and once she realized what I was doing, which didn't take long, she started turning and walking the other way to meet up with me. LOL

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Almost finished with quarantine
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:40:58 pm »
Only two more days 'til Monday!  AND you have, by default joined the BPO walking club!  Good GIRL Sadie!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Almost finished with quarantine
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:51:34 pm »
I'm slow , I didn't even know Sadie was on house arrest , I'm sorry ! Not too much longer and it'll all be over , and ya'll got lots of bonding time to boot ! LOL
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"