Author Topic: Grace is in surgory ***Getting Fixed***  (Read 7492 times)

lins_saving_grace

Grace is in surgory ***Getting Fixed***
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:14:15 am »
Grace is getting fixed this morning.  Of course I came to work to keep from spending all day at home worrying.  :)  I know she'll be fine...but I'm gonna worry anyway. 
She got to take a Jeep ride and play with the peoples at the vet and when the doctor took her back to the back she bopped along side her and started looking around like nothing was going on.  She's such a stinker.  I dread the trip home and lifting her into the Jeep this afternoon...bu t I have pills to make her sleep and relax and be quiet.  <---that will be nice.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:49:06 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Grace is in surgory
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 08:21:54 am »
I am sure she will be fine. I worried when Dilbert went in to be snipped, and he was fine, a little drugged up but fine. I will keep her in my prayers

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 08:23:18 am »
I just hate the whole process...and the recovery and keeping them from playing.  Lady got through it roughly...but Grace is so active that it's going to be a trying week.  And she is my baby...so it hurts me too. :)  thanks for your thoughts.

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 08:25:51 am »
Evertything will be fine Lins. We will be thinking about all of you. Puck & Farley give her a big sloppy kiss and whishes for a speedy ( and relaxed) recovery ;)

Offline 3snotenough

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Rhonda's Newfies
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 08:26:48 am »
I'm sure your little girl will be fine :) I have to go thru the same thing with my girl in a couple weeks. Hugs to your baby!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 08:27:58 am »
Oh she'd love kisses. 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 09:02:12 am »
Don' t worry Lin, the good thing about spaying is you only have to have it done once! Just think of the good things that come along with spaying. No messy heat cycles to deal with, no male dogs knocking on your door wanting to know if she can "come out and play"..., and she won't have the stress of all the hormones!
Nigel just got neutered on Monday and it was sad to see him afterwards, but after some nice long naps he's recovered fine and doesn't even seem to remember that anything happened! And I have the peace of mind knowing that he won't ever contribute to the overpopulation of doggies. It's like doing your part for animals, and so you can focus on feeling good about your choice to have her fixed.  :)
By the way, I like your new avatar! You and pooch look beautiful!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 09:02:17 am »
Fixed?? Was she broken?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 09:16:39 am »
She will be okay.

If you are sad about her recovery, go to the petstore and buy her lots of treats to cheer her up so she won't feel bad about hanging out in one spot all the time. When we got zoey spayed we bought her a couple 3 foot bully sticks and some rubber chews and she was totally fine with just hanging out chewing and not running around. And she was back on her feet in no time :)
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 09:17:29 am »
Glad to hear Nigel is doing good.  I hate seeing them uncomfortable and in pain.  But you're right.

Thanks about the avatar.  Gracey was checking out the new hair and pushed into me hard.  She's my love pooch...I think the tongue went in the ear right after the flash went off.  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 09:18:21 am »
:)  She's not broken...oh yeah she has overactive energy issues...but other than that she's fine. 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 09:39:47 am »
My heart dropped when I saw this thread...Don't scare me like that Lins!!!...I can't take much more this week! :-\ Anyway, I thought something awful had happened!...I am glad she is just in for a routine spay! :) She'll be just fine!...I always feel that way when I have to take on of my critters in to be fixed too though...Lets see, that'd be 12 times in the past 9 yrs. or so...I guess I'm getting used to it...lol!...I am thinking of you & Grace this morning. :)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Grace is in surgory ***Getting fixed***
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 09:44:18 am »
Oh...I shold change that thread.  Didn't mean to scare anyone. :)  Thanks for thinking of us.  I know it's routine and the vet's done this 100 times...but not to my baby. 

lins_saving_grace

Re: Grace is in surgory ***Getting Fixed***
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 10:47:15 am »
I'm actually looking forward to having her "stoned" for a week.  She's really high energy so the down time will be much welcomed...and short-lived. 
And then Lady will want to play and I'll have to blow a gasket trying to keep them both settled.  It's a circus at my house.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Grace is in surgory ***Getting Fixed***
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 10:47:43 am »
Hugs & Kisses for Grace.  I know it will be a long day for Mom.  I miss my guys when I take them in for a bath. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)