Author Topic: What will she be?  (Read 5465 times)

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
What will she be?
« on: December 09, 2005, 09:26:17 pm »
Hi everyone!  Meet our beautiful new 3 month old baby.  She's amazing - she learns so fast and is a complete joy to have around.  We're not sure exactly what she is or how big she'll be when she grows up - she's about 20 pounds right now.  Is that consistent with a big dog?  I want to feed her appropriately.  Thanks!

Jessica
Am I the only one that Tivos dog shows and watches them again?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: What will she be?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 09:58:02 pm »
Hi Jessica,

I can't tell from your pics but she might have a little Dane in her.  Do you have any pics of her standing?  Or a profile shot?  It's hard to judge how big they're going to be from their puppy size.  My Chinook (Now 70 pounds) was 10 pounds heavier than my Dane (Now 165 pounds) was at the same age.  My friend Moni (Member on here) has an ENORMOUS Dane that was smaller than her Border Collie/Sheltie was at the same Age.  Regardless you should feed a high quality adult kibble.  The adult food won't hurt her if she's going to be smaller, but puppy food would hurt her if she's going to be big.

Welcome to BPO!
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 10:37:31 pm »
I wish I had pics of her standing - she thinks that when I stop moving, she has to sit and wait  :)  But that's pretty much what I thought - I've been feeding her high quality adult food just in case.  I can't wait to see how she'll turn out.  Now if we could just settle on a name . . .

many thanks!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:57:52 pm by tvsjessica »

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 11:58:46 pm »
Hello and Welcome to BPO! What an adorable pup you have :)

Every pup grows differently, so it's hard to tell, but I would guess that she'll end up somewhere in the medium-to-large range. My saint was 40-45lbs at 3 months, but she's also one of the very biggest breeds - I am sure that many big paw breeds would be 20lbs at 3 months
RIP former BPO

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 02:25:52 am »
Aww - she is precious - her eyes are so sweet - congrats and welcome!  ;)

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 03:25:40 am »
Thanks, y'all!  We think she's pretty cute too, no matter what mix she is.  We had our first big outing at a huge outdoor mall tonight - people and dogs everywhere.  She was so good, keeping up but not pulling, sitting to be petted.  So many "awwwwww"'s from people, of course.  I love showing her off!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 08:10:44 am »
She's a cutie, that's for sure. I'd guess therre's a little Dobermann in there. It's hard to tell how large she'll be as different breeds can grow at different rates. Usually, large breeds have disproportiona tely big paws and wrist knuckles as puppies.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 10:02:09 am »
I agree with Senghe, she looks doberman-esque. Very beautiful! My two big pawed mixed breed pups were 30 pounds at 3 months, neither is full grown yet but Nigel is already over 80 pounds at 9 months. I bet your baby will be over 70 pounds when she grows up.
Good luck and congratulation s on the new arrival!!! I am a HUGE fan of mixed breeds!!!

~Rebekah
~Zoot (pointer mix) 4 yrs.
~Nigel (bloodhound mix) 9 months
~Mokey (lab mix) 4 months
 :D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 09:15:21 pm »
Hello and welcome.

My, she is a cutie.  I do see the possibility of dobie in there.  Her feet do not look all that big compared to the rest of her, so I'm guessing she won't be a giant breed dog, but she certainly could be good sized.  I'm going to throw another guess in there of maybe some terrier type, like fox, pit, or bull.  Did where you get her from have any guesses as to what they thought she might be?

Oh, almost forgot, my name is Chris, and I have a husky/shep mix Keiko, and a great dane Gunther.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 09:39:02 pm »
In a word, ADORABLE!!  She joins the many wonderful and beautiful dogs & people on this site!

Enjoy her and keep on spoiling these pups!

Anita & the 3 Newfs from NJ

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 12:25:47 am »
Welcome aboard! She's so cute!!! I'm April and I have a 9 month old great pyrenees named Kiah.

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 03:23:30 pm »
Thanks, everyone, and nice to meet you!  I found out she's half Chesapeake Bay Retreiver, which I never would have guessed by looking at her, although she's got kind of a curly coat on her back.  She was 20 pounds at 11 weeks, and she's now 13, but I'm not sure how much she weighs now - we don't have a scale, and we were supposed to go to the vet today but since my ankle's now broken I guess we'll have to wait a few days. 

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 03:37:27 pm »
What will she be? She will be pretty darn cute ;D ;D ;Dlol

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 03:41:04 pm »
I don't think it matters what she'll be...she'll be fun and cute

Offline tvsjessica

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 04:50:58 pm »
Oh, absolutely . . . I just wanted to see if I actually had a right to be on the big dogs board!