Author Topic: What I have learned today  (Read 26307 times)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: What I have learned today
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2005, 04:02:17 pm »
Doesn't it just gripe you to pieces when people let their dogs run loose that shouldn't be loose?  We have a neighbor down the street that thinks the way to "exercise" her dog it to turn him loose and let him run through the neighborhood an hour or two every day.  Unreal.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2005, 04:29:10 pm »
It was totally out of the blue, too.  Gunther was playing with his friend Maggie, and was laying on his side so they could wrestle (she's a basset, so he lays down so she has better access to him..........l ol).

This frenchie runs up and bites his neck from behind.  Gunther yips and turns his head, but the dog had run to his butt and bit that too.  Well, then Gunther was a bit pissed, and when the dog ran up to his face snarling, he wrinkled his face (he hasn't figured out how to bare his teeth yet, he looks like an old man when he tries).  The dog didn't back off, and ran up to him, so Gunther snapped at him, which I guess infuriated the little dog who then went in full force.  Gunther didn't back down and held his own very well until someone yelled "Gunther!" (which was yelled on accident.  The person actually said she wished he had kicked the dogs butt, but it was a knee jerk reaction to yell his name).

He stopped as he is trained to do, and came over to me.  I never said anything b/c I was waiting for the other owner to jump in, which she never did (and frankly I was hoping Gunther would kick this dogs butt).  I know Gunther would never all out attack another dog, but he certainly will defend himself, and this dog had already gotten in his face earlier and Gunther backed off walking away (he's such a good boy, we've been working on that b/c of his size he gets picked on, so I'm training him to walk away when someone gets in his face).  The lady never said anything anytime her dog started something.  She left pretty much after that and commented when she left "Let's go see our other friends" To which someone commented "that dog has friends?"

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2005, 04:51:00 pm »
Today I learned that I have to stop eating all Halloween candies and sweets leftovers... it is killing me!  :'( I've been doing that since last week!!! I gained like 3 or 4 pounds in a week and now I have gastritis  :P
~Lorena~

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2005, 05:27:48 pm »
Today I learned that you can make friends in unusual places  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Kiahpyr

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2005, 05:48:44 pm »
That I have a small dog. :(

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2005, 05:55:22 pm »
Oh don't be upset!!!  Kiah might be a little petite now, but that's not to say that she won't hit a growth spurt or something.  Sadie gained a lot of weight just last month.  She was averaging about 10 pounds a month up until October.  I started putting some wet food in with her regular food (Purina Large Breed Puppy Chow).  She just ate and ate.  I'm sure your baby is right on track with her weight  :-)
Rachel

Anakalia

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2005, 07:07:53 pm »
I've learned that no matter how many times I fight with my SO over the same issue, nothing will be solved and I will never get my point across! :'( >:(

Andi

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2005, 07:34:41 pm »
Today I learned "If at first you don't succeed, make a grilled cheese sandwich".

I had to make a whopping three dinners tonight. First we cooked steak, cut into it, and discovered it was bad. On to plan B: microwavable frozen burritos (first time trying them(, which fell apart and were a watery mess. Finally, plan C: grilled ham and cheese. Grilled cheese never lets you down!
RIP former BPO

Nicole

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2005, 01:02:52 pm »
Today I learned that no matter how much I study for my Wetlands Ecology class, the exams will always be unnaturally, unreasonably, ridiculously, out of HIS (the prof's) mind HARD. I'm convinced that he is going to burn in H-E-double-hockey sticks for that exam. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR RR.

And I learned that no matter how difficult the exam and how crappy or awesome you do on it, you always want a stiff drink afterward. Even if its 10:30 in the morning! hahahhaha!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2005, 01:46:07 pm »
Today I learned that Liberals and Special Interst Groups have way too much control here in California.  I love living in this state but we're in a lot of trouble!

And Shangrila, I agree on the grilled cheese, but would like to add that Quesadillas are on the same level of easy preparation and reliable yumminess.  (Homer Simpson voice) Cheeeese.....  Ooohohohoh.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 01:50:43 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2005, 02:22:04 pm »
And Newf Lover, I'll vouch for the quesadillas.  My mom bought me a quesadilla maker last year for Christmas, and I've never been so happy with anything in my life.  It takes three minutes, and is filled with cheesy GOODNESS!!!

A quesadilla maker?  What was in the box, a frying pan and a spatchula?  Heh, heh, j/k!  What are really cool to have, but a nightmare to clean are those sandwich presses.  It's like making your own Hot Pocket!  Ok, that's it, the other thing I learned today is that I am having Grilled Cheese and Split Pea w/ Ham Soup for lunch.  MMMmmmm!!!  I'm already there.....
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2005, 02:38:55 pm »
that chemistry is hard and annoying {but I kinda already knew that...  :P}

Mmmm... quesadillas... mmm... grilled cheese... Ya know what's also good? Wraps! Canned chicken and celery with a slice of cheese wrapped in a tortilla... yumm  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2005, 03:21:31 pm »
I learned that right before a big event, something will happen to ruin it.  My husband's Marine Corps ball is tonight (formal event), and last night at my softball game, I got hit in the face with a softball.  What lovely timing.  I now have a large bump along my jawline.  I look like I have two chins.   :P

Stop talking about food.  I haven't eaten yet, and have to save myself for tonights dinner.  :P

Anakalia

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2005, 03:40:21 pm »
All this food talk is making me HUNGRY!!!  Having a peice of bread for lunch doesn't qualify as satisfying! ::) 

I've learned that no matter how bad of a day your having......it can always get worse much much much worse! :-\

Andi

dohertyswissy

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2005, 04:23:58 pm »
I've learned that the universe is wise...and even if we don't know exactly what the future holds, sometimes you just got to take a risk.