Author Topic: So sorry I've been MIA !  (Read 3498 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
So sorry I've been MIA !
« on: April 02, 2007, 07:16:40 am »
Things here have been *crazy* ! My hubby recently returned to work (after being layed off) so I'm here alone to take care of everything and it sure keeps me busy !  ;D Baby Cole is doing great , he's 12 lbs 3 ounces now ! All his infections have cleared up ( we now know he is VERY allergic to Tide detergant  :-[ ) so I wash all of his clothes , plus all of our shirts ( since he touches them when we hold him) in special detergant . I'll include a new sleeping pic of him ( since that's mostly all he does ! LOL ) he also smiles now too but not for a camera yet  ::) . Our little girl Izabelle went almost THREE months without a seizure but had three within the last two days  :-\ But hopefully the time in between will just get longer and longer until they're all gone ! She is also anemic and is on special iron drops for that and we're stuffing anything "iron fortified" down her that we can find . LOL She just had her blood drawn again last Friday and I'm waiting to see if the levels are back up yet . *fingers crossed* And to top it off she's been diagnosed with PICA . I've known this for some time as she love love loves to eat dirt ,rocks , anything she can find ! We keep a very close eye on her at ALL times . :P Our two boys are both doing great , Rowdy thinks he's a dog and it's hard to keep him from walking on all fours and panting when we're at Wal*Mart  ::) .Jace taught himself how to ride a bike without training wheels last week . I cried when I saw him do it , he's growing up waaaay too fast and I'm not ready for it !  :'( All of our pooches are adjusting well . Moose is finally over being all grumpy having a new dog here . For awhile he would constantly tell Spook not to eat ! We'd have Moose face a corner ( yes , just like a toddler ! LOL ) and tell him to leave Spook alone ,otherwise he'd growl a little and Spook was afraid to even look at his own food dish . LOL Allie loves having another playmate that plays as rough as her , Spook is still scared of some things but is really coming out of his shell . We bought a harness for him and he now does stairs on his own , comes when called , and is learning basic commands . Today I was working with him on walking on a leash , and he does just fine as long as *he* gets to hold onto the leash too ! LMAO I was laughing so hard I had to grab the camera , so here's a few pics of him too ( sorry , not the best . Hard to take pics while walking .... I am so not a multi tasker ! LMAO ) He and Allie have had diarhea all week despite feeding them canned pumkin , boiled chicken and rice , etc . So they are headed to the vet this evening , also , Spook is STILL limping . I took him to the vet two weeks ago and we found out his huge feet her infected ( his breeder had told me they had a new bedding that bothered all the dogs feet ....) so I had to cut the hair all back , keep them clean , soak them three times a day and put antibiotic ointment on them . They seem much better ... I was really hoping the limping was from that but nope .... So today I get to lay out the big bucks and get x-rays . UGH !!! Please pray it's nothing serious ! And me being the dork that I am , I can't tell which foot he's limping on , STILL ! So anyways , I try to get on often to read everyone's posts , I just don't have alot of time to post myself . Please know that I'm thinking of all of you ! Hugs to all your puppers !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: So sorry I've been MIA !
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:18:12 am »
and a few more  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:35:46 am »
Very cute. Sounds like life is really hectic over there so I'm glad you could jump on BPO and vent a bit. We'll keep our fingers crossed over here so that everything works out- for the baby and all of the animals.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:23:18 am »
Wow Amy - on the contrary - you so ARE a multi-tasker! You manage a full house of kids, pups and a hubby too!  :)
So glad to see you here - thanks for posting an update and the pics! Sending tons of good wishes and positve vibes your way for Izabelle and all your babies (2 and 4 legged).... and you too of course!  :)

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:47:19 am »
OH MY sounds like you've been super busy!  :o  I'm so glad baby Cole is ok, and hopefully the Spookster doesn't have anything seriously wrong with his foot.  Keeping my fingers crossed for him, and hoping things can settle down a bit for you!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:37:12 am »
I have no idea how you do it all. Hopefully the kids will get better- especially your little girl and the pups are just going thru a difficult time. Good Luck and thanks for the great pics.