Author Topic: If your dog could talk  (Read 9191 times)

lins_saving_grace

If your dog could talk
« on: July 25, 2005, 01:23:17 pm »
If your furbaby could talk for one day, what would he/she say?

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: If your dog could talk
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 01:34:32 pm »
Rocco at night..
'Why do you insist on kicking me off the bed, you know as well as I do that as soon as you go back to sleep I'm going to get right back on.  So, just stop, and let at least one of us get some sleep.'

Maia about life
'I love you, and very few other people, I don't know why you insist I sniff people and act nice.  You dont' like everyone you meet, why should I?'

Rocco about being a male
'I like to lick myself, any human male would love to have this ability, so please leave me alone and let me show everyone what I can do.'

Maia on getting on the couch
'You are on the couch, why can't I be on the couch.  You think you smell so much better than me but you don't'
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 01:34:39 pm »
Since Ranger spends most of the day showing people his fat white stomach in the hopes of someone petting it, we always joke that he is saying "Rub it!" in a demanding tone...   :D

Seriously, don't we all wish they could really talk?  There are so many questions that each of us has for our dogs.... 

But I think if he could talk he would say...

"Thanks for rescuing me.  I know I am not perfect, but I try hard to be a good boy every day...  I love having a family and not being confused and scared anymore.  I love knowing that no one will hit me, no matter how bad I am.  I love knowing that I will live with you for the rest of my life and that you would never ever give me up.  I love having a Mommy and a Daddy (and even a sister) to spoil me.  Now, RUB IT!  And give me some chicken."
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 01:35:52 pm »
HAHAHAH!  I love it.

Rub it Rub it!!!  What's with the chicken?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 01:36:53 pm »
Jack sounds like a blast! 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 01:39:16 pm »
Funny stuff.  Rocco and Maia definately have character and see things for what they are.  :)  It's all about the dog.

I'm not sure what Lady and Grace would say. 
Lady would probably be like:  I have to talk now too? Oh Man!
Grace would be chattering away so fast I don't think I'd be able to understand it.  But something to the effect of:  But Lady does it!!! Give it...it's mine.

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 01:39:57 pm »
Raven "You are only the alpha bitch because I let you think you are the alpha bitch... now get my dinner."
Merlin " Why did you have to bring that annoyning thing back home...Couldn't you have left him in Michegan with the killer bunnies, and can I hire that Lasa???"
Strider "Ther's no place like home, there's no place like home...."
Stella

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 03:53:52 pm »
Puck: I don't know why you brought that reheaded thing home( baby V). Awww what the heck I will play with it. oh by the way thanks for getting me outta that kennel--I really missed a couch.

Farley: I don't know why you feed this dog food crap. I want what you have and I WILL find a way to get.

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 06:48:51 am »
Bella:  Oh Mama I love you so much.  I just love everybody.  Please pet me.  I just want to be right next to you all day.  Can I please have a piggle?  I just love giving kisses and getting hugs.  I don't really like little tiny doggies, they're annoying and look like my toys.  I just love playing with Phoebe.  When can we go over to visit?

Rocco:  I'm one good looking Newf, everybody loves me.  I'm the king.  Get me something to eat.  I'm thristy.  I'm hot, put the fan me.  Give me some ice cubes.  I'm going down to the basement where it is nice and cool.  I gotta go poop, let me out but you better be waiting to let me in because it sure is hot out there.  Why can't I sit up front in the car with my face next to the A/C?  I love little doggies, they just roll over and submit to me.  I love to go swimming in Phoebe's pond.  One day Daisy will be my queen and I will rule over her kingdom.

Bella to Rocco:  You are such a dirty doggy, can't you stay clean?  Stop drooling on me.  Stop pulling my ear off.  You are so lucky I love you so much that I let you beat up on me and take my treats.

Rocco to Bella:  I'm in charge, do what I tell you to do.  Move out of the way.  I want everything you have.  You don't really want that treat, so I'll just take it from you.
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:38 am »
Apache - "I know somethings under there, get it for me mommy get it" "come on kick the ball again"
Kiya - "please let me chase the deer" "please let me chase the squirel"...
Chazzy - "don't you guys ever stop?"
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 11:39:08 am »
Hera: *singing* im so pretty, im so pretty. Dont't get mad at me, pleeeeeaaaaas I just want to kiss, why cant I stand over your face? Stop pushing on me, you know I will only lean more on you when you do. That corner spot on the couch is MINE.

Galahad: huh...did I step on your foot daddy, didnt mean to. Ohhhhh did I step on it again, sorry. Common, get up from there and lift my butt up in the bed. Can someone feed me please, I am sure I didnt get any lunch today.

Zeus: Get out of my way, dont bring them stupid dogs near me. I dont shed..... Now go ahead and chew the food for me, I dont have teeth in my mouth. Then give me a juicy bone haha you all are soooo silly, you actually did mush the food didnt you. I am the king.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 11:51:53 am »
Oh it sounds like your house is a fun place to be, Marit!  :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 11:56:49 am »
lol..... we like it, well chris says he could live without the stepping on his feet hehe. Some of our friends though, dont quite understand the charm with all our animals.

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 11:59:07 am »
I always tell my girls that it's ok...I walk on the bottoms and you can have the tops.  It get a little obnoxious but I've learned that it's going to happen.

Dog charm is an aquired taste and not for the weak at heart. :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 12:04:54 pm »
I always tell my girls that it's ok...I walk on the bottoms and you can have the tops.  It get a little obnoxious but I've learned that it's going to happen.

Dog charm is an aquired taste and not for the weak at heart. :)

AHHHHH lol...... I will remember that one and next time Chris is complaining I will simply tell him, hey you got the bottom lol.....

And I guess you are right Lins...... dogs arent for everyone, maybe that is why we dont have all that many friends who come over hehe lol.....

Marit