Author Topic: Dogs swallowing what?  (Read 11847 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Dogs swallowing what?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 10:52:40 am »
hehe. glad it worked out. 

I usually keep the bathroom door shut...and make sure Grace keeps her head out of the trash can in there.  But she got her head in there while I was ... well busy...and I couldn't exactly take off after her at that moment. 
I hope it passes like everything else she eats that she shouldn't.

GR8DAME

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 11:01:03 am »
My Mom's dog ate the baby Jesus out of the Nativity scene under the Christmas tree one year. She wasn't struck by lightning or anything.
Stella
What a blessed puppy!

Amen.
Stella

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 11:20:35 am »
I think every dog I have ever had or met has eaten female undies, not the whole undie part just the cotony part...I am sure you all know where that part is located without my saying it... ::).WHy the heck don't they go for men's undies???????   ???
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Icerotti

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 11:33:10 am »
Great stories.  Farley has eaten a few toys-cinderellas shoe ::)Puck nevers eats anything like that.
My one female shaste she ate lard out of a 5 gallon pail and threw up for 2 days ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:30 pm »
Great stories.  Farley has eaten a few toys-cinderellas shoe ::)Puck nevers eats anything like that.
My one female shaste she ate lard out of a 5 gallon pail and threw up for 2 days ::)
go check your PM's Icerotti!  I spelled it out there.  I just didn't think it was "tasteful" to say it in a post.  ya know?

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 09:14:39 pm »
I thought that Daisy swallowed a rubber band once.  The vet said to give her hydrogen peroxide to make her vomit.  She did.  NO band.
I was so mad at my husband for leaving that rubber band on the floor...
it came around the mail.  I watched her all night, I fretted and worried.
The next morning I found it on the carpet.  She never ate it in the first
place.   I never told my husband.  I wanted him to always be more careful.  Our yellow lab will eat and chew on anything.  I watch
her as close as possible.  She loves toilet paper rolls.  ???
Dogs are so funny!

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 11:07:30 pm »
Luckily the only thing my dog likes is tissues but my neighbors dog is a totally different story. If it's on the ground and he can get it into his mouth he'll try to eat it. The worst thing that he's eaten probably is live gophers because he's a small dog you could actually see its feet kicking out of its mouth before he finished swallowing it. Talk about gross.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 07:33:57 am »
The stories are great. LOL
Ive already wrote this story but for those of you who wouldnt have read it.
When Judge was teething he ate just about everything. He swallowed a whole pogo ( corn dog ) stick and all. I waited about 3 days for that to PASS. It did thank goodness. He also at a Christmas ball and a whole bag of foil wrapped chocolates. Christmas was really FUN with a St. puppy around. We came home to the tree at the front door on its side with very little left on it. FUN FUN FUN LOL
He has pretty much grown out of his eating NON Eatables but I cant leave any food out on the counter. I cant even count how many loaves of bread he has STOLE. He really likes baigles too.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 08:30:07 am »
thanks to everyone for the advice and the stories.  I think the thing gracey swallowed is probably gone...I haven't seen it come out...but she's fine.  She scared the bejesus out of me though.  She swallows everything and this was something I thought was a little more urgent...being it was "super absorbant" and all.  :)  she is no longer allowed to play with anything with Playtex in it's name.  :)  She is such a goof ball.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 08:41:59 am »
I think every dog I have ever had or met has eaten female undies, not the whole undie part just the cotony part...I am sure you all know where that part is located without my saying it... ::).WHy the heck don't they go for men's undies???????   ???

That one's easy.  They smell too bad.

AMEN! 

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 12:12:15 pm »
Well, I have to say I'm not concerned anymore about what Sasha eats...she's more behaved now...but the most scary experience I had was when Sasha chewed a piece of fiberglass resin that my beautiful husband left unattended on the floor while he was fixing the interior of a boat. I didn't know what to do, so I called my vet and he gave some pills in order to stop the allergic reation she had and wait until she goes to "the bathroom". She finally got rid of that by that night, but she was a little bit blowded and she had a rush for like about 3 or 4 days! Unfortunately nothing like happened again but the other day I found pieces of a bath towel she tottally destroyed into pieces and chewed.....Now, on the other side, Gordo has found that phone cables are tasty! I changed it twice..the good thing is what whatever he ates, it is completely blended and chewed with the bid mouth and teeth he has....Let's see what they find on their tomorrow  :-\ ....There's always something...
~Lorena~

Offline charlotte5050

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2005, 09:11:03 am »
Let's see.....Loki's favorite treat is chewing the plaster off the wall on the porch.  A close second (maybe a tie for first) would be dried up, crunchy dead mice in the quonset.  Then there are the "critters" that she and RedDog have killed. 

Just because we have mouse bait in the quonset to kill the mice, even though we use MAKI that is not supposed to hurt animals, I keep lots of Vitamin K on hand!
Charlotte

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 09:00:25 pm »

They seem to prefer men's socks to women's undies.  If you are the alpha woman of the household, then it can be easy to redirect them from your underthings to men's socks that are always lying around.  In fact, I used to encourage Greta and Lou to take my bf's socks, BECAUSE he kept leaving them all over.  It was as if the dogs were providing a service.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 09:04:43 pm »
Hmm strangest things my dogs have eaten lol

Well when I first got Atticus, he had an obstruction.  Turns out he had an obstruction.  Well after a few vet visits and some big bills, he only passed some fluff and a littl eye.  The vet said that was it and he was fine.  2 days later I find at least a 1lb stuffed animals arm that looked like it came from an alien.  It was blue, formerlly bright pink and could have come from a Barney doll.  Either way, I believe it had been in there since he was a tiny puppy.  After that he has eaten a sock and thats about it.

Now my little heinz 57 (shep/husky and about 20 other things)  Well he has the iron gullet.  This dog has eaten anything and everything, and has never once had a sore stomach and we have had him for 3 years.  He has eaten glass (found jagged peices in his poop), he has eaten a pop can, he thinks the toliet paper is a form of treat, you can rip a peice, put him in a sit and reward him with it.  He has ripped up carpet, tile, chewed hardwood.  Ruined countless numbers of shoes.  Pooped out whole newspapers that you can unfold and read (not that we tried) Its endless what this dog has done.  The worst was liver that had been in a garbage bag for 3 days, it didnt even phase him.  I'll have to think about everything else, but he has a stomach of steel.  I think he will live until about 40 lol

LOL.  A super athlete!  He's the Lance Armstrong of the miscellaneous object pie holers!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner