Author Topic: Loki & my 6 year old grandson  (Read 9165 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Loki & my 6 year old grandson
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 04:40:28 pm »
Nicker, With the 2 kids & 12 animals in the house & a hubby that is gone 5 days a week there are quite a few days when it doesn't take much more than "Mommy" to get them a trip to their rooms...I have even asked them to stop calling me Mommy because I was so sick of hearing it & I don't mean in a nice way...I mean like '' MMMMMMMMMMMMMM MOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM"...& then the tattling or whining or complaing that follows...I love my kids but they can grate on my nerves!

nickerbokker

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 04:40:45 pm »
LMAO.....i guess that works!  gotta find SOME way to use the book, what better way than to just knock her upside the head with it!  i LOVE it, and i will do it too!

nickerbokker

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 04:43:05 pm »
Nicker, With the 2 kids & 12 animals in the house & a hubby that is gone 5 days a week there are quite a few days when it doesn't take much more than "Mommy" to get them a trip to their rooms...I have even asked them to stop calling me Mommy because I was so sick of hearing it & I don't mean in a nice way...I mean like '' MMMMMMMMMMMMMM MOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM"...& then the tattling or whining or complaing that follows...I love my kids but they can grate on my nerves!

im not kidding....my mom used to chase me upstiars if i called mmmoooommmm or mooommmmmyyyyy y....she didn't handle whining well LOL...so now,i just come here to whine!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 04:46:48 pm »
ROTFLMAO Nat!!!...You almost beat her with it...222222222 22222 funny!...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 04:47:21 pm »
That is my biggest pet peeve with my kids!  When I'm upstairs or in the garage or whatever and I hear that "MOOOOOOOmmmm"  over and over again.  Then there is my son who starts EVERY sentence with the word mom.  Brooke always says the wrong parent first so I tease her that my name is Daddy Mommy and Marty's is Mommy Daddy!  We tease our kids sooooo bad around here, but we love on them a lot too and it makes it really relaxed... most of the time.

I do use the "Everyone go to your rooms!!!"  or "Let's all play the silent game".  There is always one that says "I lost"...

nickerbokker

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 04:57:11 pm »
lol, thats what my big sisters always said....that, or, "go get hit by a car"

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 06:22:49 pm »
You should write a book on how to raise kids Nick!   At the end you could have a disclaimer stating that it may not work but you'll have fun doing it!  I got a book on discipline once and when it didn't work I almost spanked her with it...

Yeah, books are so general.  When people tell me to try this or that with my son it is difficult because I often wonder if he has the ability to empathize.  We are now exploring whether or not he has Aspberger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism, because one of us can be lying in bed ready to die and he will enter the room and tell everyone about the RAM and processor in his computer.

But, there may be a good book that explains how to handle the child = dog situation in this post.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 06:31:53 pm »
My neighbor kid has Aspergers...I really enjoy him!...He makes me think about things Iwould have never probably thought about as an adult otherwise...Li ke, he always has a stick in his hand...Not always the same stick but a stick of some sort...The other day I found myself saying ( & meaning it) "Justin that is an awesome stick"!...lol...My son has A.D.H.D....We don't medicate because he is progressing in his school work though he has to try harder than alot of the other kids...He is a whole challenge but when we did try to medicate when he was 5 he just wasn't my Russell...He makes my world more interesting if not a whole lot hectic...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 08:10:10 pm »
I've never heard of Aspergers before, but I have an annoying daughter :-\  I love her very much and she is extremely bright and loving, but she does not get social cues and tends to talk and talk and talk.  The poor thing is 7 years old and stands at 4'9" which is a whole head abover all her class mates, yet she doesn't notice or has such a great self esteem that it doesn't seem to matter to her.  I can't complain about her and animals because she loves them and wants to be a vet when she grows up :).  It's the constant rambling and not "getting it" that is exhausting.  Shoot, now I feel bad for complaining about such a loving creature :-[.  I'm sure all you moms know what I mean.  If you don't, pretend, K?

Offline Bozak

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 07:02:54 pm »
                     How about taking your daughter and sitting her down and tell her about her sons behavior and ask her if she can work with her son as you have worked with Loki.  Then, take loke hold on to her collar and take yur grandson let them to get to know eatchother Or have Loki on a chain and take your grandson at the very end of the chain where Loki is  because maybe you grandson is either afraid of your dog or he is just wanting the dog to chase him out of his own boredom.

Offline gerry

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 03:51:22 am »
Emily,

What breed is Maia?

Thanks,
Gerry