Author Topic: last two foster cats went to new home today  (Read 1083 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
last two foster cats went to new home today
« on: July 08, 2006, 08:18:10 pm »
My long-term fosters whom I thought I might end up keeping went to their new home today. It's best for them-no dogs, one older man, quiet, lots of time with their new person-but it's difficult. I've done this bunches of times before, but never with animals that I've had for so long (several years-I hadn't fostered very long when I got them and didn't know how to utilize resources, then they were older and people always want kittens, then I just got even pickier than usual for them).

I know I picked a great home, but it's always rough.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: last two foster cats went to new home today
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:44:25 pm »
You did the best thing for them.  Of course, you will miss them.  I can't imagine that you wouldn't.  That's why there are people like you who can give them up.  Some of us can't, so we're the weak ones.  We think of ourselves, not what's best for the fosters.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: last two foster cats went to new home today
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 12:40:51 pm »
Thank you. They're going to send pictures and keep in touch. My cats seem okay. I always wonder if they worry that one day I'll take them somewhere and not come back with them... :( Well, two of them might. Thomas, my longhaired lazy butt cat (he's the feline version of Riley but even lazier), is very confident. Anywhere he goes-like to friend's houses if I'm going out of town-he thinks he owns. He walks around fluffing his tail as if to say, "Okay, I live here now."