Author Topic: Jazzy passed out!  (Read 11027 times)

Offline onederpupe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Jazzy passed out!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 07:47:50 pm »
WOW I lived in Rosemead Ca for 27 years and before that Hollywood. I was born on Hollywood Blvd. I have lived up here for just 2 years and miss LA sooo much. But I don't miss the traffic or the really hot weather. It is so much slower here like Mayberry RFD, really it is! All the neighbors know one another everyone talks to you, it is culture shock for a native Californian.
onederpupe

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 08:58:11 pm »
Onderpup I have to agree. We had culture shock like no other when we went entered Oregon and Washington. Other than the major cities there is nothingness. It was beautiful and scerene which is probably why people move there.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 08:56:51 am »
onederpup,

My name is Shanti and I live in Spokane, WA.  I've lived here since 2001 due to a job transfer from Seattle.  I have three dogs: Greta (8-yr old rottie), Lou (8-yr old rott/lab X) and Betti (2-year old German rottie).  I will remain in Spokane for a couple of years, but after I complete my goals I am definitely moving on.  I think Vancouve is a good place to live, because it is close to Porland, but not in the big city.  Seattle has become a real rat race in the passed few years.

Shanti
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline onederpupe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 12:12:53 pm »
Hi All,
Jazzy is doing great, as if nothing happened. She is a really odd dog, sooo strange. She is not like any dog I have ever lived with, very moody, very clingy when she wants. But a total clutz she has no brakes, has no idea how big she is or how strong. She has to smell everything before she tries it, like we are going to posion her. No matter how hungry she is when I put down her food she ignores it for 2 to 3 minutes. It's like she is doing me a favor by eating it. I cook twice a week for her and make stock for her food, she is totally spoiled. She eats better than we do REALLY!!! Her favorite food is BUTTER she goes nuts for butter. We have to keep it in the fridge so she can't get it, even in the winter. She will eat ANYTHING if there is butter on it. I can give her any pill by just putting butter on it. No Problem! She likes it better than any meat! I think she was Danish in another life.
I love BC Canada, I don't remember if I have ever been to Spokane but I was in Seatlle in '64 for the World Fair. It rained everyday and it was summer, I was a kid and thought it was horrible. Now I love the rain and the Pacific Northwest the cooler temps and all the green. Californians don't know what they are missing and I am not going to tell them. LOL

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 12:27:37 pm »
Oh, so NOW I know the secret and you weren't going to share!  I love it there too: all the cool weather, green, green, GREEN!  We have brown hillsides and they will be that way until February since we won't get anymore rain.  But we will get earthquakes, and more probably, fires.  The amazing thing is that usually our fires are started, on purpose, by people!  The saying is true:  The country was tipped on it's corner and all the fruits and nuts rolled here in to SO. CAL!

Enjoy your beautiful place!  and know there somewhere, someone is REALLY jealous!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2005, 08:19:26 am »
So how is Jazzy?  Better!
I go on vacation and loose track of everything!
Lady and Gracey are kinda ill too since they got boarded.  Gracey has the poopies BAD!  I hope it passes soon.  She really is kinda dragging.
I hate boarding the dogs.
I MISSED ALL OF YOU, BY THE WAY!
Lin

Offline onederpupe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2005, 01:13:07 pm »
Hi Jazzy is doing just fine. I an not feeling that hot though! I know what you mean about the boarding thing. When Jazz was 8 months she was desperate for hair cut. So my vet has a super nice lady that does it, this was back in CA. So I drop her off so she will be done in a few hours. I get a call an hour later that Jazz has diarrea really bad. I pick her up and she is so tramatized by being away from us that she has caused herself to be sick. She must have thought we abandoned her, poor baby it took hours for her to get back to normal, and days before she wasn't attached to me. I felt so bad for her! So now give her, her haircut and it is really hard for me but I will not put her thru that again. Mario's mom is on her death bed in CA and we might have to go there. We will have to fly and I am terrified of flying, but I am more scared of leaving Jazz in a kennel. I am sure she will not do well at all, but there is no way to take her if we have to go. Any suggestions? It might be today or a year from now but I need to be prepared. Let me know if anyone out there has any ideas.
onederpupe

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 01:14:55 pm »
Do you have family or friends who can dog sit? 

Offline onederpupe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 06:14:03 pm »
We know NO one up here at all!!! We have been here 1 1/2 years and do not have anybody up here. Our life was in CA. not here, I have never lived anywhere but Southern California. 56 Years never lived anywhere else. and never wanted to either at the time. Now of course I love it here, but still miss my family and friends back home.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 09:52:50 pm »
That would be very hard for sure...knowing you will have to travel & not knowing anyone to stay with Jazzy!...I keep my sister's Collie & my friends Shitzu when they ahve to go out of town...I love having them here!...Samson loves the doggy company too!...I think I would rather board my dog than take my chances with having someone I didn't know well watch him...I would start checking out kennels & vets to see who would be the best for Jazzy if you have to go...Good luck!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 12:06:33 am »
onederpup, we live in NC, I have four dogs, 2 mastiffs, 1 husky and one golden mix, one cat whos name is Trouble (says it all lol..) 2 degus, and one quaker parrot who likes to laugh mean. We also have three children 13,10 and 5 and hubby Chris.

I come from Sweden, lived in London for a couple of years too, so the humidity here is killing me, have you ever tried humidity and hairspray??? Soooo not a good combination hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline onederpupe

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 01:12:44 pm »
I understand the humidity factor, but being from CA it was only once in a while. Now up here in WA it is damp always even when its dry LOL. I love the pics of your dobie and Marit I adore Mastiffs. My dad was from Denmark and he use to tell me how beautiful it was there. But he always added that it was better here. lol I just love this site I feel as if I have friends out there that share my love of the BIG dogs. Excuse my enthusiasim but it has been a while since I have had anyone to talk to.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 10:31:09 am »
Mario's mom is on her death bed in CA and we might have to go there. We will have to fly and I am terrified of flying, but I am more scared of leaving Jazz in a kennel. I am sure she will not do well at all, but there is no way to take her if we have to go. Any suggestions? It might be today or a year from now but I need to be prepared. Let me know if anyone out there has any ideas.
onederpupe

Why don't you ask your vet or local groomers if they know of any pet sitters. These people will come to your home, spend time with your dog, feed and monitor Jazzy while you are away. Some of them will even offer to bring in your mail and water your plants for you.  You can also try www.petsit.com to locate one in your area (if they are signed up with them).

Be sure to get lots of references, of course, if you are going to hire one, but at least Jazz won't have to be in a kennel with lots of strange dogs and can stay in a familiar face. He may not feel so much like you are abandoning him.

Or, if there is a local college in your area, see if you can get a reference for a responsible college student to house sit. Or maybe someone from your church.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain