Author Topic: Drake in Tahoe  (Read 16056 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Drake in Tahoe
« on: June 28, 2005, 11:17:45 pm »
Sarah and I had a wonderful time last weekend up at Lake Tahoe.  If you don't know where that is, it is a huge "lake" that is right on the the California/Nevada border.  Any way, lots of laughs, lots of hiking and lots of time spent with Drake.  Here are a few shots to share.  Drake swimming, bringing "sticks" that I threw for him, hiking with Sarah, Having some corn with us for dinner and then finally the Raccoon he treed that evening. (He don't like Coons!!!)  It was a wonderful weekend and we look forward to more just like it this Summer.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 11:45:03 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Drake in Tahoe
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 11:38:07 pm »
Great pics! I am so jealous.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 11:55:06 pm »
How pretty newf. That sky is just the perfect blue. Me too is jealous, I spend my weekend on the puter with rescue work, and baking and cooking for my daughters birthday party, the view from the stove isnt quite as nice as the one you had.

I bet you just cant wait to go back.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 11:56:25 pm »
Great shots.  I know the area well.  There is still a lot of snow for so late in the season.  Bet the water was cold.  That is not a stick, a scotsman would call it a caper that you would lift carefully before throwing.  Did you name him after Sir Francis Drake? My old school.
Peggy

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 07:13:08 am »
Lovely pictures Newf. Drake looks like he had a great time.
 :-\ He doesnt like coon's EH!!  ;)
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 09:22:27 am »
Thanks all for the nice comments.  Yeah, there's still a lot of snow on the mountain tops up there, we had a several weeks of rain earlier in June.  The water was FREEZING!!!  Of course, fuzz head didn't seem to care, as long as he's in water he's happy!  I love the shot where all you can see is his head, I have one where he's WAY out there, but it would be hard to see in the small format pics have to be on this site.  

Marit, you're a good mom to stay home and take care of your kids and try and help unfortunate animals.  Don't worry, there will be plenty of time in your life to get out and enjoy nature.  It a dedication for us to go up there, 3 hours both ways!  Done it so many times that now it's no big deal.

Pndlake, we wanted to give Drake a very Marin name.  His official name is CH Bacchanal's Sir Anakin Drake.  We dropped the Francis part and added Anakin because I'm a Star Wars fan and that movie's roots are so based in Marin.  George Lucas himself babytalked Drake at a stoplight in Fairfax a year or so ago.  You went to Drake huh?  Did you know a guy named Erik Ruud?   I thought those big scottish poles were called "cabers", aren't "capers" just the pickled juniper berries that you put on top of a lox and cream cheese bagel?

And Coonie, yes, Drakey don't like coons, but I'm sure he would LOVE you!!!

Offline irinad83

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:42:45 pm »
Those are awesome! Looks like you all had a great time!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 03:16:14 pm »
Oh man I Love it! Drake is Definately showing off muscles in that shot! I've seen and even encouraged Bear to pick up heavy things like that before and it always amazes me.

The shot just above that with Sarah looks like he got a fresh hair cut! How often does he go to the groomer?

How's Yogi doing??

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 03:33:27 pm »
That stick he is holding was actually pretty heavy.  He's just doing what comes natural for them Workin' Dogs.  Newfs are so freakin' strong!  I bet Bear could bring in logs for the fire in his mouth. Yeah Drake just got his Summer cut, more shots of that at: http://bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,1348.0.html   He's so much happier now and dries like 10 times faster.  He probably goes to the groomer like 3 or 4 times a year.  With the hair so short, he can go alot longer between groomings.  Yogi is doing good, he's finally on BPO too.  Poor guy is so itchy right now, got that irritable Newfie skin.  He and Drake haven't seen much of each other lately, but we'll have to get them and hopefully Bear together again soon!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:35:31 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 06:24:50 pm »
Great pics! I especially love the one of him holding the branch . He looks like he's having a lot of fun! Zoey is jealous ;)
RIP former BPO

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 07:09:19 pm »
well i cant see any pix of drake..not even the ones from the link 2 posts up .

im annoyed lol

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 07:39:55 pm »
That looks like the place to be, it's beautiful. All of you look like you're having a great time.
Dozer would love that coon, for dinner that is.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Drake in Tahoe (AGAIN!)
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 05:25:42 am »
We are going to Tahoe this weekend for the first time in months!!!  I know it's only Tuesday but I'm so freaking excited to get up there.  I'm going to skip lunch on Friday, just so we can hit the road as quickly as possible.  We might even get some snow for Drakey to play in.  He absolutely loves to go to Tah-Toah!  I'm definitely bringing the camera, there will be great shots to share for sure. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 05:26:18 am by Newf Lover »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 05:28:51 am »
Oh I love Tahoe!! It's so beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 06:44:41 am »
I hope the pictures from next weekend will be as good as the ones above.  The seasons are changing and it will be a bit browner and colder.  BRRRRRRRRRRRRR rrrrrrrr!!!!