Author Topic: Fostering....Again  (Read 2699 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Fostering....Again
« on: February 26, 2006, 01:26:55 pm »
I am fostering a cute 36lb australian shepherd/lab mix female, Lucy.  I had her brother Mack for a night but we decided it would be best for both of them to seperate them.  Neither has ever been in a house before. 
 :D{knock on wood} No accidents in the house or the cage (yet) {knock on wood} ;D.

I am slowly introducing her to my dogs; who are very interested and really want to play.  I don't want to overwhelm her or make it a negative experience especially right after taking her brother away.

Attached are pictures of Lucy and Mack.  Let me know what breed you think they are.  We don't know for sure if they are brother and sister, they were found together.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Fostering....Again
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:13:52 pm »
Aw they look sweet. :) They could easily be siblings who are lab/border collies. That's what they look like to me anyways. :)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 07:17:48 pm »
Aw they look sweet. :) They could easily be siblings who are lab/border collies. That's what they look like to me anyways. :)

I thought border collie mix too when I saw the pics!

Too cute!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 07:24:16 pm »
Lucy looks alot like an aussie mix...she's a gorgeous girl.  As far as them being brother and sister..it's possible litters can vary in appearance.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 07:30:00 pm »
  As far as them being brother and sister..it's possible litters can vary in appearance.

I agree... check out this picture of Mokey with one of her littermates!

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:02:18 pm »
Lucy looks like she could be an Aussie mix, but I don't see it in her brother at all. Who knows, sometimes you can never tell! They are both cutie pies though!!
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:24:26 pm »
I would guess Aussie/Lab because it looks like they have some spots on feet and nose.  It could just be the pictures though.  I am in love with Mack.  He is too cute.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience