Author Topic: the calendar must be wrong, this must be friday...  (Read 2910 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
the calendar must be wrong, this must be friday...
« on: January 30, 2007, 12:01:07 pm »
the 13th (april).  why?  well, for starters, brandon is sick today, barfing his guts up all morning before work.  secondly, i got a call from my mom saying that the pound called and said that our dog is there?!  come to find out it's tiny, who we gave to a friend of brandon's who he no longer sees.  well, instead of trying to find the guy brandon wants to bring her back home.  normally, i'd say ok, but come on.  that'll make  SIX dogs, in a 3 bedroom 2 bath house along with 2 kids and 3 cats.  mind you, she hates cats and tries to eat them, and we had over $400 worth of vet bills just for stitches (in a matter of 3 months mind you) b/c of her attacking our other dogs unprovoked, which is why we opted to adopt her out to a home with NO other pets.  apparently, she's a stray, which i don't see why brandon doesn't try to find the guy or wait to see if he does look for her, she can be a heathen on a leash and she was the guys first dog, which we didn't know at the time.  give the guy a chance!  also, when she's at the house i have to have her COMPLETELY separated from any other 4 legged creatures.  this is really hard, because i don't have a separate fenced in area to let her potty, or anything.  i don't think it's necessary fair to anyone involved, granted i know anything would be better than her being put down.  now, thirdly, my kitchen floor has been dyed purple.  yes, purple.  aiden accidentally dropped a WHOLE container of grape juice on my floor, which i'm pretty sure is cheap to start with, and it stained it.  so when i went to clean it, naturally it got smeared a little, and so now i've ended up with about a 4 sq ft purple blotch on my floor.  no cleaner has worked so far.  somebody shoot me!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:03:40 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
Re: the calendar must be wrong, this must be friday...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:09:20 pm »
Wow!  When it rains it pours, eh?  Hopefully that's all your bad luck for 2007 wrapped up into one day and everything turns out okay.  Keep us posted.

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:10:39 pm »
Wow sounds like a really bad day. Have you tried the Mr Clean sponges to get the grape juice out? I have been able to get juice off of my counter tops that was there for like a week with them. Just a suggestion.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:34:05 pm »
tried that, didn't work.  our floors are going to be replaced asap anyways because they are SO cheap, and put in so bad.  they're cheap to the point hubby tore them while he was moving the dryer across it?!?  they're super absorbent, also, apparently.  kids just laid down for a nap so i'm going to try bleach.  maybe since it absorbed the juice, it'll do the same and get rid of the stain?? 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:19:20 pm »
You poor thing! When the kids get up... grab em' and go to their new spankin' playroom for some solace!  :)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:29:55 pm »
Before anything else, try peroxide. It works wonders. I use it all the time when the dogs get blood, throw up, poop, etc, on the floor. It also works *miracles* on wine, so I'd imagine it would work great on juice. 

I've only used it on my carpets but if you are planning on tossing it anyway, give it a whirl.

I'm sorry you're having a bad day, that stinks.

Julie

Julie - I am sooo glad I read this today b/c Ranger had a big ol' watery poo all over my carpet yesterday.  (He is okay now, so nobody worry :) )  I tried Natures's Miracle, Resolve...now I'll try the perxoide.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 01:36:11 pm »
MEAN GREEN WORKS WONDERS ON ANYTHING :) hahah
im sorry ur having a crappy day...  maybe u should... Come here for a visit get away from  it all ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:20:03 pm »
i do have to laugh at this, because as rachel knows i spent a LOT of time and money on a *new* playroom with a TON of toys, etc, in it.  we even got a HUGE 9ft x 12ft blow up bouncing room and tunnel house with a mini basket ball game, mini golf game, ball toss, etc etc etc!  the works!  it's a finished two car garage FILLED with toys, to the point you can't see the floor anymore.  after i did all this, they have been in the room a handful of times and refuse to go play in it now.  figures.  as for the stain, unfortunately i saw the post after i put bleach on it.  fortunately though, 99% of the stain came up.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:01:05 am »
Oh wow, sounds like you had quite the day yesterday!  Hopefully today is much better! 

Julie thanks for the "wine stain" tip, I'm sure I'll need to use that tip sometime in the near future!  ;D