Author Topic: Cesar Millan is a GOD - A Christmas Miracle!  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Cesar Millan is a GOD - A Christmas Miracle!
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:05:54 pm »
Since we started bringing Kentucky and Derby inside in the evenings, it's been a mixed blessing. I love having the dogs inside, but we have had to put the cats in another room all night because Kentucky just got too excited and assertive towards them. I don't think she ever intended to hurt them, but she obviously thought they were small dogs and tried to play with them like she would play with Derby.

The cats wanted none of that.  We had tried correcting her with the Dog Whisperer "CCHH" and the fingers to the neck like Cesar does, but it didn't help.

Well, we were watching the Dog Whisperer marathon tonight and saw an episode that was similar to our dilemma. Cesar was trying to keep a pit bull from going after the family's cockatiel. The finger-in-the-neck correction wasn't working so he switched to a slip leash high on the neck and used that for correction.

A bell went off in my brain. I had a slip leash in my car (I keep it there in case I see a stray on the street) so I went and got the slip leash, put Miles (the tabby) in a pet taxi and we brought 'Tucky back inside with the slip leash. We corrected her each time she seemed interested in the pet taxi and when she became relaxed and uninterested in the pet taxi, we let Miles out and I went and sat with him on the chair.

Aaron corrected 'Tucky each time she went towards Miles until she relaxed again, then I brought Misty Blue in and we did the same thing.

'Tucky is now lying on the floor, totally uninterested in either cat and completely submissive and relaxed!!  This all took a total of 30 minutes to accomplish!!

I am literally on the brink of happy-tears right now. This is the best Christmas gift I could ask for - to have all my babies in the same room at the same time! I'm so happy! I heart Cesar Millan!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:25:05 pm by scootergirl »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Cesar Millan is a GOD - A Christmas Miracle!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:23:20 pm »
I didn't see that episode but I'm VERY tempted to get a slip leash for correction with Jager.

I'm so glad that everything worked out!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »
So glad you and your babies can share the house inside together..I think that is why Cesar is such a success...if one thing doesn't work he goes right on to another...noth ing is set in stone...and as he says himself...each new dog teaches him something else...

I forgot all about the marathon...but I'm posting a picture of  Our favorite thing on Christmas Day our visiting ....

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 02:15:39 am »
That's wonderful news!!! I know how you feel, watching Cesar has made a huge difference with Butt's attitude.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie