Author Topic: Leather Collars  (Read 9854 times)

Offline Mokeymunster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Leather Collars
« on: August 11, 2005, 09:59:52 pm »
I just have a question for everybody out there.  I am looking to get my boxer a leather collar.  Her nylon collar seems to be causing her hair loss and irritation.  (to make a long story short she has been allergic to a ton of things- yes she has been tested)  I am looking for something that isn't black or brown, and doesn't have spikes on it.  I had found a nice pink one with silver playboy bunnies on it, it was on ebay the auction ended quickly after i found it and now i don't know where to go.  I am just looking for a nice collar some color other than black or brown that isn't going to cost me a small fortune.  Any ideas?

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Leather Collars
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 10:02:18 pm »
not sure about leather collers - maybe some kinky shop...lol...  I did see hemp collars with a nice soft lining at petsmart and a few places on line...they look comfy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 10:19:37 pm »
I think I have seen the collar you are talking about, one eve I was browsing around looking for collars for my dogs, and came up with a bunch of them, some WAAAAY out of my price range lol.....

you can google it, but here is one site you might find something interesting on

http://www.glamourdog.com/dog-collars.html

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 10:23:36 pm »
ebay is  a great resource to get nice leather collars at a decent price.  So is outlet shopping.  I bought a fun red patent leather Coach collar for my Newfie girl Lucille at the outlets for $25.00.    She was SO divine in it!!  I think leather is better for water dogs, at least, since it doesn't hold the "wet dog" smell as much.  Also, to do a search on the web for leather collars brings up all sorts of retailers with tons of options in all price ranges.  george.com has good sales from time to time, for example.

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 01:38:40 am »
We swear by rolled leather collars.  It doesn't mat up our guys hair.  But, we don't worry about color!! ;)
Can't see the collar through all the Newf hair anyway!!

Now harness, hey, I worry about the color!!  LOL.

Luvmenewfs

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 06:54:49 am »
I am actually ordering new collars, I want to try the rolled leather. Iv'e been dealing with Jeffers Pet for years they are in Dothan, AL. The web site is jefferspet.com prices are good.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 07:24:52 am »
I don't know where you could buy leather collars that you want since I usually only see black and brown ones. Another option someone mentioned  trying hemp collars - if I remember correctly there is a company called earth dog that makes them, and I want to say that the BPO member doghealer knows the people who own the company, so you could search her name to find their web address
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 07:29:13 am »
Kinky shop!  Oh My!  I'm not the only one then!?  HEHEHEHE. 

That might be a good idea really.  or a Harley shop.  sometimes they have leather stuff for dogs.  might be black or orange.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 08:33:27 am »
lol..... lins we should have thought of asking you for links to the kinky shops hehe I am still grinnin' over your s & m bra hehe

Ohhh and if I dont remember wrong, One of yours has a leather Harley collar right? Chris wasnt too impressed by my suggestions for collars, but a Harley one would be perfect for him. Chris used to have one, a Harley not a collar lol.... Then he married me and voila he had a mean wife, several kida and lotsa pets instead hehe

Carolyn..... I have ordered a lot from Jeffers too, and like them a lot. Good products, good prices and they are fast.

marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 08:36:43 am »
our harley collars are nylon...but we have plans to get them leather ones soon! 

I'm not the one who orinigally suggested looking at the kinky stores. :)  I could kick myself for not thinking it first though.  but it is a great idea.

you made him get rid of his Harley!?  Oh...that is mean.    :P 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 08:40:27 am »
Meeeeee mean  :o :o :o noooooo way lol.......

I didnt make him, I hmmmm hmmmm *thinking* just explained in a very nice way  ::) that it was a little unpractical to have a low rider harley when you have kids and dogs and cats and a wife who would never EVER sit on a motorcycle lol.....

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 08:45:41 am »
Ohhhhh a Low Rider!!!!   That's my next one.  A low rider. 
It is a little impractical I agree.  Luckily I have no kids. :) :) :)   
I just got really addicted to riding.  I love my little harley...and with gas prices almost over $2.60 for regular a gallon...I'd never sell it.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 08:48:40 am »
Ohhhh chris keeps telling me just how great it would have been to have tha harley now, because the gas is so expensive. Thats when I ask him how many side carts you can hang on one harley, or do they come in family size hehe

marit

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 08:49:16 am »
I have also used Ebay and I love some of the collars that I have. I really like this lady's store http://stores.ebay.com/EURODOGS_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQdptZ0QQftidZ2QQsojsZ0QQtZkm

My Lab has longish hair around his neck and we use rolled leather collars to keep his hair from coming out.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 08:51:13 am »
one side car only.  I know a lady with a Greyhound ... Sofie rides in the side car all the time.

Ask Chris if he'd like the buy a Trike!  I saw one for sale on my home yesterday.  I'd have to find it again...but I saw it.