BPO Breeding Forum > Breeding Questions & Information

Mix breeding on purpose what are your views?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ursa:
I'm appalled that she would do this and charge those prices!  I'm not a fan of designer dogs in general.  For example, a Labrador is a wonderful dog just the way it is.  How does adding a "doodle" improve the breed?  

I have nothing against mixed breeds.  Probably the best dog I've ever had was a mixed breed that came from the pound.  I'm sure that he wasn't the product of a planned breeding though.   

A responsible breeder will work to improve their breed - not to make a buck.   I can't see how this person is improving anything.  

Scootergirl:
I have to wholeheartedly agree with most of you. I will likely always have mutts, but will NEVER pay $400 for them from someone who is making mutts on purpose just to make a buck.

This is NOT anything near responsible breeding. Someone should hog tie her and drag her down to the animal shelter so she can see all the mutts that are already needing homes before she decides to make more.

This breeder disgusts me.

NewfFan:
It's sad too that although this lady does not sound like a mill, just a VERY irresponsible breeder, there are people like her everyone, and mills too. In my little town of 2500 people there is a lady who runs a mill, and breeds anything and everything. Police have been notified, AKC, animal welfare, etc. etc. She gets told what she has to do, agrees to do it, and no one ever does a follow up. She even has a sign in her yard that says, "Multiple puppies for sale at all times." Disgusting, and especially disgusting when no one does anything.

AltDeutsche:
I love mutts. And I have a great hatred for what this woman is doing. Mixing dogs without thought of consequence. My parents just got a puppy from a lady just like this one. She had a PB corgi and decided to make some money by breeding her at 14 months to a mini aussie. I let my parents know straight up this was horrible to be supporting this lady. Their response was they couldn't change what happened and the puppy was free. The lady charged 200 for the rest of the litter.

vmimom2006:
Ok...If you want a mutt (and they are great dogs) got to the humane society or rescue. BUT to mix breeds on purpose is wrong. I hate all the doodles they are creating. They think the dog will not cause allergies but most of the time it makes no difference. Also I've seen some really bad tempered dogs that end up in rescue or humane societies. So many giant breeds have so many health issues to mix them I think is even worse. OK I'm finished now  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version