Author Topic: Poop Protocol  (Read 19878 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Poop Protocol
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2005, 02:32:08 pm »
Ahem, I believe we were discussing poop!  I leave for a couple of hours and you guys are talking about money??  How do these things happen?  Focus, people!  Focus!!

;D

LOL soo true, but yet I have the attention span of an ant soooo

Oh lins any pics of your new money yet??
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2005, 02:33:40 pm »
Ahem, I believe we were discussing poop!  I leave for a couple of hours and you guys are talking about money??  How do these things happen?  Focus, people!  Focus!!

;D

LOL soo true, but yet I have the attention span of an ant soooo

Oh lins any pics of your new money yet??

not on me.   :(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2005, 02:34:32 pm »

;D

I think our poop talk got a little out of control...so we transitioned into money.  Not really sure how...but we did.

nickerbokker

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2005, 03:16:30 pm »
So, I'm preparing to take Ranger on our daily evening walk and hubby is heading to the grocery to pick up some items.  He tells me on his way out that I may want to walk Ranger around the back yard first, b/c he hasn't pooped yet.  Well, I grab a bottle of water, a plastic bag (just in case), and away we go.  I walk him around the yard for all off 30 seconds, figure hubby doesn't know what he talking about, and that our walk isn't going to be that long.  So, Ranger and I are walking along in an adjacent neighborhood.  Suddenly, Ranger starts lagging behind.  I figure he's just getting tired, which is typical b/c of how darn hot it is around NC these days.  So, we are almost at the end and he stops.  I turn around and he has started to poop on these peoples driveway!!!  I tell him, "NO!" and cross the street into the woods for him to finish his business.  Then, I go back over to the driveway to clean up the poop.  I don't know if any of you have tried to pick up dog poo on a hot August day off of cement, but let me assure you it isn't an easy task!  So, I pick up the poo which is mainly gone, but some is smushed into the cement.  Well, then I decide to empty my bottle of water onto it, hoping that would help...which it did... a little.  So, I sat there contemplating whether or not I should ring the doorbell, explain the situation, and ask to use their hose to finish cleaning up...or do I just bail and wait for the impending thunderstorm to wash off the rest?  Since I didn't know these people and didn't want to get into a confrontation over what an irresponsible dog owner I was, I crossed my fingers and went with the thunderstorm.. .which luckily happened about 45 mins. after we got home.

So, the question is....did I do the right thing?  I mean, what is the protocol when your pup poops on someone's driveway?

Okay guys....stop laughing at me....really.. ..stop it.... ;)

yall wrote 6 pages in one day....impress ive!  sadly, i don't have time to catch up right now but i will later.

did you do the right thing?  yes LMAO!  i can't imagine seeing someone on my driveway pouring water on a poo stain hoping it washed it away.  you loser!!!!

it has happened to me a couple of times.....and depending where it is liek the street, i just leave it.  BUT if it is on someones property, you will usually catch me cussing at the dog, telling them how imbarrassed i am, picking up the poop, hanging my head in shame, and lugging away a very sad mom. 

heather.....gr eat story!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2005, 02:21:58 am »
LMAO - too funny..only took me 30 min to read through all 6 pages...my 18 yr old son has stated that in no way is the new pup any of his responsibility .   Well, willow has taken to sometimes (when I don't catch her) going up stairs to poop in the kids bathroom...wel l I came home from shopping and could smell poop..my son was taking a shower - I looked all over for the poop...I knew he could not possibly be stepping over the poop in the bathroom to take a shower so it couldn't possibly be in the bathroom...  Finally he got out of the shower and sure enough...he was stepping over the poop to shower..can't believe it!!!!

This morning, about 4am..Willow woke up to go to the bathroom...so we drag downstairs and out the door and to me she takes the poop stance..  I manage to get up enough energy to praise her about how good she is doing...we go back upstairs..i hit the bathroom before plopping back in to bed and willow has pooped in the kids bathroom.  She totally faked me out!!!  i was so mad!!!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2005, 12:13:36 pm »
OH my, do you think that she doesn't like the kids?? Trying to tell them something?
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2005, 01:51:57 pm »
Okay I have been reading six pages and I am having serious belly cramps lol...... I saw the thread go from poop to monkys to a christmas story to vomit to music trivia to coins and back to poop hahahahaha

I was laughing out loud and hubby came and asked what in the world was so funny, I read a few of the posts and said here is six pages of them, he said "I really dont want to hear about the poop" and " you all are not right" hahahaha

This was one of the funniest threads in a long time. And for you Heather..... you did great, way way better than most people would. I cant believe you even poured your water over it to try and actaully cean the concrete lol.......

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2005, 02:13:20 pm »
Earnest insists on going as far as he can to the end of his long lead, and preferably into tall grass or bushes. I rarely have to pick it up- I usually can't SEE it, let alone get my bag in hand down through the shubbery to pick it up.  I do have some great bags, though, they're blue, scented, with long handles to tie and they come in the little plastic containers like are in the vending machines in supermarkets (the kind that kid jewelery and tattoos come in).  One time I emptied my pockets onto the desk in my cubicle, and had two or three amongst the loose change and liver treats.  A co-worker grabbed one and opened it, while inquiring what it was.  The look on her face when I told her they were poop-bags was priceless- she acted like the poop was already in them!!

I'm glad I don't have to pick up my own dog's poo, I walk dogs at a boarding kennel, and have enough to pick up all day. At work I use the bags the newspaper comes in- nice and long, so you can put them on like opera gloves, and easy to turn inside out.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2005, 04:22:37 pm »
I do think it is great that Willow goes in the bathroom.  My shock comes from my son just walking over it...lol....te enagers

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2005, 04:36:57 pm »
Teeners ALWAYS amaze me!  Is it they can smell, can't see or won't smell, won't see????  My sons cats bring in their nightly kill and they literally step over it on the way out of the room....hey!  maybe that's Willow's point!  How disgusting can I make it before they will pay attention????

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2005, 04:53:59 pm »
How about this for a poop solution ?
http://www.dogwastecomposters.com/

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2005, 05:10:06 pm »
How about this for a poop solution ?
http://www.dogwastecomposters.com/

Haha! You have to love the dog image below the title. So glad my dog doesn't do her business that frequently.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2005, 01:30:03 am »
I'm not sure Willow could get it that disgusting...l ol

What I really love is when you say to the teen,"What the He**, are you blind or just lazy?  Why do you keep stepping over (insert any item here) and not even think to pick it up?"  Usually my answer is a blank stare or huh?  what?  I didn't see it?

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2005, 06:52:26 pm »
I'm not sure Willow could get it that disgusting...l ol

What I really love is when you say to the teen,"What the He**, are you blind or just lazy?  Why do you keep stepping over (insert any item here) and not even think to pick it up?"  Usually my answer is a blank stare or huh?  what?  I didn't see it?
Too bad you can't rub his nose in it!!!
I can't believe I went away for the weekend and I come back to a 6 page thread on POOP!  Does everyone elses dogs always look really embarassed the whole time they are going? Also Rocky likes to poop on a slope and watch the big balls of poop roll down the hill!!! :o