Author Topic: lazy dog syndrome...??  (Read 7020 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: lazy dog syndrome...??
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 09:27:15 pm »
lol, the treadmill was my "want it" item lmao.  not only could they use it, but so can i (and so could aiden lol).  even when we do walk daily, they're like this.  for a year and a half we walked EVERY day for at least 3 miles and axle was never bouncing.  he's just a lazy dog  :-\
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 09:55:47 pm »
For Axle you could do like what we did... We used to have a Huskey named Anka and we would hook her up to a scooter that Troy my oldest son had.  We made a harness for her it was uber easy and away we went.  She loved it cause she had a Job I mean she was made for pulling and we went all over the place with her.  All of my pics of her are on my old crashed computer but I can find the web site on how to build a harness if you want it.  We had soooo much fun and it was a great conversation piece too lol.
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 10:00:54 pm »
LMAO i'm sure that would be a conversation starter!  i was actually looking at kids wagons that had been converted into "dog pulled wagons" and was thinking on making one for walks.  maybe even make a team that's headed off by peanut lmao.  just playing.  anywho, i was thinking about that, but i'm not sure how good of an idea that would be since axle's even having a hard time getting in and out of the truck, or even back up the stairs outside, b/c of his hips.  sheeba and caine i could do that with though.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 10:09:55 pm »
hahahahaha That is kind of what we did.  We had Anka and a German/Sharpei Cross that pulled all the time.  I would even hook them up to my bike and go.  When AJ was big enough to keep up with us we hooked him up too.  So it was 2 biggish wheel dogs and 1 very smallish lead dog.  ahahaha That way they wouldnt be draggin him along behind them.  They knew all of the commands and they actually picked them up really fast.  It was soooo much fun.  Maybe I should try that again with Morph??hehehee  Naaaa better not.. he would have me wrapped around a tree if he saw a squirrel.  I am still looking for that web site I will post it as soon as I find it.
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 10:14:02 pm »
np!  thanks for looking it up for me! 

you could always do morph on a "trust building" one ha ha.  just blindfold him lmao
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 10:28:33 pm »
hahahha morph has wayyyy to many issues to be doing that.  lets see besides his personal conquest to rid the earth of all squirrels and rabbits.  he also hates anything around his face, and dispises his toe nails being cut.  I think that if I blindfolded him he would loose his mind lol.  Maybe by the time he is 2 he will have calmed down enough to try this.  We will just have to see. 

I found that web site.  Enjoy

http://www.uberpest.com/harness.html
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr