Author Topic: Jealousy issues or something else?  (Read 2310 times)

Luvmydanes

Jealousy issues or something else?
« on: September 25, 2006, 12:10:14 pm »
I figure this has something to do with bringing the puppy home yesterday, but wanted to get some advice from you guys. Since we brought the puppy home, Jasmine has been acting kind of strange. She wants nothing to do with the puppy and has even growled at the kids today. I'm kind of concerned, but not sure if I need to be or if this is just something she will get over once the shock of having a new puppy in the house wears off. Help!!

bigdogs@5501

Re: Jealousy issues or something else?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 01:47:37 pm »
Sounds like Jake- We are still having to seperate him from the male GD rescue, but he is getting along pretty good with the female right now. Its like GD's are so sensitive and they get thier feelings hurt over the smallest issue. The first nite that the rescues were at the house, Jake was horrible. He wanted to "talk" to me about the situation- He is doing better now and doesnt get as worked up as he was in the beginning. Hopefully Jasmine will grow to love the puppy.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 03:41:54 pm »
Ok, now I definitely think its jealousy issues with Jasmine. She wants to be doing everything the puppy is doing. I had him on the bed and she HAD to be on the bed. lol what a sight that was!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 02:29:15 am »
It's funny how jealous or furkids can get. Dozer is a total Mommas boy, now Tealk thinks he should be the Mommas boy. Each one tries to be the one closest to me, then they growl at each other and push each other out of the way. ::)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 03:56:13 am »
Good thing you brought home a little boy puppy. Imagine how jealous she would be if you brought home a new little girl!!! :o

I hope things work out, but if not, just send that little blue guy to Athens, GA and I'll take care of him. ;) ;) ;)

;D

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 04:12:24 am »
I think things will all work out as soon as Jasmine realizes he will be a great play buddy and that she isn't being replaced. Its so funny now cause she is acting almost concieted towards him like she just doesn't have the time of day to bother with him. lol its really funny.