Author Topic: Specifically MO folks - Emergency Foster Homes Needed for Katrina victims  (Read 1734 times)

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Emergency Foster Homes Needed
Cats, dogs, horses and farm animals displaced by Hurricane Katrina need temporary homes

The Humane Society of Missouri has received numerous calls from people who have fled the Hurricane Katrina disaster area and have arrived in St. Louis needing temporary boarding for their pets. To aid these storm victims, we have set up an Emergency Foster Animal Clearinghouse to help match persons with animals needing boarding with persons who have available space.

If you are willing to help people with pets, horses or farm animals in need and have facilities to provide for them, please sign up as a foster home via our web site. We will contact you as we have requests for the service you are able to provide.

Thank you very much for your generosity in this time of great need. Please forward this email to others who might be interested in providing foster animal care.

If you would like to donate to help support the eight-person Humane Society of Missouri Disaster Response Team currently rescuing animals in the hurricane stricken area, please call 314-951-1542 or make a contribution on our secure website.   Read more>>

PLEASE NOTE: Because this is an emergency situation, the Humane Society of Missouri is acting merely as a clearinghouse and makes no guarantee about the health or suitability of animals or suitability of foster homes.

Jackie Wood
Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Specifically MO folks - Emergency Foster Homes Needed for Katrina victims
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 11:43:56 am »
Ty for posting this Jackie & I will crosspost...I am getting together some things for our Humane Society to ship down to the furry victims of Katrina...My hubby's boss just asked him today how he would feel about going to Baton Rouge with a trailer load of supplies for the victims...We went over his list when Randy & I were there & I had him add pet food....Other than that all we can do is what we have been doing...send prayers.

ann

Re: Specifically MO folks - Emergency Foster Homes Needed for Katrina victims
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:13:17 pm »

i talked to our shelter and they have a semi going down with supplies for animals,they are asking for crates, collars ,leashes, paper towels , garbage bags, hoses,locks, disposable  bowls, sheets,fans, and extension cords and canned food..they do not want dry food ,all the major food companys are sending that.anyone can  call thier  local shelters to find drop locations..and alot of bleach is needed...

ann