Author Topic: Dog Friendly Restaurants!  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Summer

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Dog Friendly Restaurants!
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:47:16 am »
Okay, so Yesterday my sister, Summer and I went to Alexandria for lunch (next to Washington DC).  There is a restaurant there that not only allows dogs on their dining terrace but has a dog menu as well.  So the entree's are Hamburge, Chicken Stew and Lamb Stew (It think there was something else but I forget).  So I order Summer the Lamb Stew, and when they bring out our orders hers comes as well and Man did it look good!  Veggie's gravy and nice chuncks of Lamb!  They serve it in these disposable containers along with one for water.  Summer LOVED it!  There were quite a few other dogs there as well.  We ran into Summer's friend Arco who had the hamburger, which didn't look as good as the Stew (poor Arco).

Does anyone else know of dog friendly restaurants.

This place is called "Pat Troy's"  If you are ever in Alexandria it's a Must!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 03:56:29 am »
Okay, so Yesterday my sister, Summer and I went to Alexandria for lunch (next to Washington DC).  There is a restaurant there that not only allows dogs on their dining terrace but has a dog menu as well.  So the entree's are Hamburge, Chicken Stew and Lamb Stew (It think there was something else but I forget).  So I order Summer the Lamb Stew, and when they bring out our orders hers comes as well and Man did it look good!  Veggie's gravy and nice chuncks of Lamb!  They serve it in these disposable containers along with one for water.  Summer LOVED it!  There were quite a few other dogs there as well.  We ran into Summer's friend Arco who had the hamburger, which didn't look as good as the Stew (poor Arco).

Holy C$#P I was reading a new letter yesterday and it had a story on dog friendly restaurants. There is one in California that has a doggie menu too.

Wow that is so neat. Tim wants to open one here in Edmonton but I don't know if it would work. What was it like?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 04:06:30 am »
Our So Cal BPO meet 'n greet had lunch at "the Park Bench Cafe" in Huntington Beach.  The dog menu was adorable, but for our big guys,  the portions were about right for a tiny snack.  Great fun, though!

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 05:27:45 am »
We need one of those here.  I live near our downtown area and frequently walk down there with the boys.  I'll sometimes stop and get dinner and eat outside with the boys, if they have outside dining, but it would be great if we had a place I could take them into so we wouldn't have to give it up for the winter. :)
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:36:15 pm »
We have three favorite places to take Drake.  The first, in our hometown of Novato, is Moylan's Brewery & Restaurant: 
http://www.moylans.com/1024_entry.htm 

They allow you to bring your dog on the patio and they even bring you a bowl of water for them.  The beer is great, the grill food and pizzas are yummy and there's lots of hot young women serving it all up.  We feed Drake the fresh baked bread there.  Great place!  The other place is in Larkspur, Marin Brewing Company: 
http://www.marinbrewing.com   

It's owned by the same people who own Moylan's and the fare and service is the same, but the patio area is a little better for taking your dog.  When we go to both places, Drake gets mobbed by other patrons and the staff.  The other place we like to take Drake is the Rutherford Grill in Napa:  http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/w/FOLDERca/wonlineca9631792ru.shtml 
It is part of the Houston's Steak House chain.  The food there is so awesome and you can bring your doggie on the patio.  I thought the patrons would be snotty animal haters, but they all are buzzed from tasting wine all day and melt at the sight of a big fuzzy Newf.  The best part is at the bottom of the menu, they have "Bone for you Dog - N/C".  They give you big, meaty Prime Rib bones for your dog for Free!  Drake usually gets about 5 of those and they let him eat them there!  What a restaurant!  I think I have some shots from several of our dinners there with Drake.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 07:54:30 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 04:45:11 am »
There is no where here to take our Dogs.   :-\

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:33:18 am »
Here is a shot I took during one of our trips to Rutherford Grill with Drake.  Too much fun!  He looks like he's saying, "Can I have the Prime Rib bone now, Dad?"
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 04:02:15 pm »

That sounds like a great place. Too bad I hate going to Alexandria. But they should get a place like that down here. I bet it would be a hit. And that stew sounds so good.