Author Topic: Yet Another Surprise :)  (Read 5585 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Yet Another Surprise :)
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:35:01 am »
So the reason I've been so ill for weeks is because I'm expecting, again! :o I've known since the very beginning since my body gives signs immediately. I should only be 10 or 11 weeks along, but I saw the Dr. yesterday and I'm measuring much larger for some weird reason. Anyway, I have an ultrasound on Friday to see what's going on.

I've been very sick, sicker than I've ever been and so I've been away from here a lot and trying to function in my daily life. The sad thing is, I can't stand to be around the dogs- AT ALL. :'(I don't pet them, they can't be around me, their smell sends me over the edge and it's unbearable. I feel so bad but I know it won't last forever, this is just a really rough time. That's why I'm on the hunt for the best shampoo and anything I can find to get them smelling good again and make this easier on everybody haha. The smell of my house makes me sick, any cooking odors make me sick. Pretty much outside is the only place that doesn't, except now we are under a cloud of smoke from all the brushfires. :(

Anyway, I'm really paranoid about breaking the news before the first trimester is over so I never do, but this time it's just been so hard on me feeling so terrible. I hate that the dogs are neglected but there's only so much I can physically do, I just can't wait until I feel better! :-\

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Surprise :)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:47:00 am »
Congratulation s to you and your hubby!!!!!  ;D  What exciting news!  I'm sorry that you've been so sick, the first trimester was never any fun for me, either.  Do you usually start to feel better after the 12-13 week mark?  During my second pregnancy my hubby bought me some Crystal Geyser fruity sodas and they became my sip it all day thing that kept my stomach calm.  It was just carbonated water, fruit juice, a little fructose and vitamin B-12 but it worked wonders for morning (aka all day) sickness for me and I can still use it for the occasional stomach upset with good results.  I hope that you find something that helps you.

I know that you've mentioned having the puppies groomed, that sounds like a great idea.  Hopefully the shampoo scents will be easier on a pregnant stomach than eau de puppy.  I always had a lot of trouble with smells.  Coffee and bacon were the worst for me.  Yep, we avoided breakfast restaurants for a while.  ;) Congrats again and I hope that you're feeling much better soon.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:49:07 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:55:55 am »
congrads!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:57:12 am »
BPO is having a baby boom!  :)
Congratulation s! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 01:57:29 am »
Thanks! Do they still make those drinks? I'm going to look for them today, I'll try ANYTHING. The only good thing about being this sick is I haven't weighed what I do now in 4 years, and being that I just turned 30, it really helps lol.

As for the due date, I have no idea. It should be the beginning of December but now the Dr. has me freaked out about the dates, but there's no reason my utertus should be so big. (and don't anybody say twins because everybody has already said that to me lol) Guess I'll find out Friday.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:14:03 am »
Thanks! Do they still make those drinks? I'm going to look for them today, I'll try ANYTHING. The only good thing about being this sick is I haven't weighed what I do now in 4 years, and being that I just turned 30, it really helps lol.

As for the due date, I have no idea. It should be the beginning of December but now the Dr. has me freaked out about the dates, but there's no reason my utertus should be so big. (and don't anybody say twins because everybody has already said that to me lol) Guess I'll find out Friday.

Yep, we still buy them occasionally (the kids loooove them!) and we find them at Costco, Trader Joe's, natural food stores, or some grocery stores, too.  Here's a link with a photo of the bottle and info on the ingredients.  I really hope it helps!

http://www.provenbestsellers.com/juice

Also, my uterus measured "large for date" on each of my pregnancies, so they always mentioned twins and did an early ultrasound, but we only had singletons, no twins here.  That may be it for you, too.
Marie

And my pups:

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 02:19:48 am »

Yep, we still buy them occasionally (the kids loooove them!) and we find them at Costco, Trader Joe's, natural food stores, or some grocery stores, too.  Here's a link with a photo of the bottle and info on the ingredients.  I really hope it helps!

Also, my uterus measured "large for date" on each of my pregnancies, so they always mentioned twins and did an early ultrasound, but we only had singletons, no twins here.  That may be it for you, too.

Oops I meant to say that I had the best luck with the  citrus flavors, especially the pink lemonade.  Since any smell bothered me so much, things like berry flavors were too strong.  Shrug, odd huh?   :-\
Marie

And my pups:

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 02:20:33 am »

Oh yes, I used to drink those all the time when I worked at the health food store, forgot about them. I've never measured large but being that this is #4 I thought that could have something to do with it, she said no- who knows. At this stage normally the uterus should still be tucked behind the pubic bone but it's not, it's like a ball not far below my belly button. I've always been spot on with knowing how far I am. The only thing is, I've been feeling familiar sensations for about a week and a half or so, and I kept telling myself it was too early, why I am feeling these. I usually start feeling them around 12 wks at the earliest, esp my boy- he was a maniac. ;D

But yes, I expect the m/s to subside here shortly, the longest it lasted was 15 wks. Wish I could go to sleep and wake up when it's over.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:29:48 am »
Are you feeling the fluttery sensations and all already?  I felt them with our first at 16 weeks, but by our third I was feeling them at 12-13 weeks, but didn't mention it at first b/c I thought that maybe I was just imagining it.  Nope, the fluttering just kept getting stronger and now that I know our little flutterer well, it makes sense.  ;)  He's been a busy, busy little boy since day one.  ;D  Are you fairly certain of your dates, or could you be a little further along?  Congrats, again!
Marie

And my pups:

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:19 am »
Are you feeling the fluttery sensations and all already?  I felt them with our first at 16 weeks, but by our third I was feeling them at 12-13 weeks, but didn't mention it at first b/c I thought that maybe I was just imagining it.  Nope, the fluttering just kept getting stronger and now that I know our little flutterer well, it makes sense.  ;)  He's been a busy, busy little boy since day one.  ;D  Are you fairly certain of your dates, or could you be a little further along?  Congrats, again!

Yeah, I'm fairly certain. Maybe this will be a little maniac boy too (we're hoping, well minus the maniac part ;)). I didn't feel my first til 20 wks, probably because I didn't know what I was feeling. The first ones I get are like little taps or just quick odd crawling like feelings, as weird as that may sound. The last 2 always started out this way and then like you say, just got stronger. By now I should be trusting what I feel lol.

angelsmama

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 02:44:01 am »
oh yea.. 1st time i felt rose move felt like a feather runnin across me from the inside , best i can describe it..

congrats :)

Lyn

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 03:01:54 am »
Congrats!

There is a definite baby boom happening lately. My sister in law is due the end of may, beginning of june with twins! Her ultrasound revealed they are both boys, so that should be interesting. :D

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 03:12:13 am »
Awwww Congrats!!!!  I am sooo sorry that you are feeling bad.  I was dying when I was preggers with Mason.  My grandma told me and old wives tail and it worked like a charm.  You may not belive it but try it.. what have you got to loose??  Dont mention this at all to the hubby though... Ok.??  Here is what you do.. it is real simple.. In the morning you have to get up before he does ok.  What ya do is get up but DONT get out of bed on your side... instead climb over him and get out of bed on his side.  You will transfer all of your sickness to him and you will feel great.  I swear that it worked.  The first morning I did it I went and ate breakfast and Smitty ran for the bathroom.  I felt bad about it and told my grandma about it after he went to work.. She said dont feel bad.. after all he is the one that caused it lol. 

I hope that you get to feeling better hun and congratulation s.
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 03:49:17 am »
OMG.

Another BPO baby. I'm like...jealous beyond BELIEF. Its NOT fair!

Oh...I mean...CONGRAT ULATIONS!

:-\

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 04:36:52 am »
Any pregnant water that anyone would like to send to me would be appreciated. Please PM for my address.  ;D